Fem!Ukitake x Shunsui

I'll be there
(No one's POV)

It's been a month,since Head Captain Yamamoto passed away and everything is slowly starting to go back to normal. Or as normal as it can get.

Shunsui is getting used to being new head captain, everyone is healthy and as happy as they can be. All but one...

Juushiro Ukitake.

She loved Yamamoto like a father, she looked up to him,she felt save around him. And now he's gone.

She's been hurting, she's been hurting but build walls to cover up the fact that it hurts. She build the walls so high that everyone thought she was okay,she fooled everyone,even Shunsui...

....

"Morning Juushiro!!!!!" Two tiny voices beamed through the room. "Morning boys." Her voice was soft and gentle but something was different about her voice, something that they can't exactly pin point. The boys looked at each other. "Did you sleep well?" Juushiro gave them a nod smiling but her smile didn't beam like always,her smile didn't even reach her eyes. The boys gave each other the look. "Can we go play in the garden?" The boys beam. "Yeah, just eat your food before you go." And that is where they knew something was up,she wouldn't let them off just with that, normally it would be a whole hour of convincing before she would let them go,so there's most definitely something wrong.

"Juushiro? Is something wrong? You seem a bit down." She smiled at them and pulled them both in a hug. "N-no boys. I'm just still waking up,no need to worry about little old m-me." They frowned at the waver in her voice but decided to not push it. "Okay, we're going to go now thanks for breakfast." She gave them each a kiss on the cheek. "Okay be safe."

………
Shunsui's POV

Me and Nanao were in a quarrel about the paperwork when suddenly a knock on the door silenced us. "You may come in" I said. The door opened and two boys in blue appeared. A smile tucked on my face. "Boys the captain needs to work so-" I gave her a look and kneeled in front of the two boys. "Hey kiddo's. Whatcha doing here? You bored?" I asked patting their heads. "Actually...are you busy?" Worry bubbled in my stomach and seemingly in Nanao's as well. "No he's not,why? What's wrong?" They looked down before looking up. "There's something wrong with Juushiro. It seems like something is bothering her." Before I could answer Nanao voiced her thoughts"Are you two sure she's not just having one of her bad days?" Once we received a nod I stood up. "Nanao,stay here please. I'm gonna see what's up with Captain Ukitake." And with that I flash stepped out.

No one's POV

Shunsui followed the two boys to Juushiro's room. Without knocking the boys aswell as Shunsui entered the room. Juushiro was sitting on her futon , looking out of her window. She was in a daze, clearly not paying attention to the world around her. No wonder she flinched so hard when Shunsui called out her name.

Tears were noticable in her eyes,she was shaking and her lips trembled. Not wanting the twins to see her in such state Shunsui turned to the boys. "Hey,kiddos. Do you mind go playing with Nanao for a while? Don't worry okay, I'll see what's up." He whispered the last bit so only the boys could hear.

Looking at Juushiro again,they went to bother Nanao, knowing their Juushiro will be in the capable hands of her lover.

Just as the boys were gone Shunsui turned to face Juushiro. Crouching before her ,he cupped her face in his hands, looking her dead in the eyes. "Now,what on earth happened to my little lady, to upset her so?" He used a goofy nickname, trying to cheer her up. But it doesn't look like it will be working anytime soon as soft heartbreaking sobs tore from her throat.

For a moment Shunsui was lost in shock but as soon as he collected himself again,he pulled the white head into his arms.

Juushiro tried to push Shunsui away,to build the walls again,to smile at Shunsui again reassuring him that she was fine. But that was the problem,she was not fine,not fine at all. And maybe that's the reason the walls around her crumbled , leaving her a sobbing mess in her lovers arms.

They sat like that for approximately 15-20 minutes.

Juushiro was crying her heart out and Shunsui was there to catch each tear, whispering sweat nothingness into her ears like:

"There ,there. It's alright."

"I'm here, sweetheart."

"I'm not going anywhere."

"Just let it all out of your system, you'll feel better soon,my dear.

All while holding her close to him, caressing her back,now and then leaving small kisses in her hair and on her forehead.

After a while,the sobbing died down to whimpers and the whimpers later faded into small sniffles.

Keeping Juushiro as close as possible, Shunsui softly whispers in her ear: "I may not know what has upset you so, darling. But what ever it is,I want you to know. I'll always be here ,even if you push me away." he lifted her chin up so she could see him before continueing: "I love you. So,so much. I want you to share your pain with me,just like you share your joy with me."

Tears gathered in Juushiro's eyes as soft lips pressed against hers. After a while she broke the kiss, looking at Shunsui with teary eyes, full of love,love only for him.

"I love you, Shunsui."

"And I, Juushiro Ukitake,love you aswell.Lemme know if you wanna talk about it a little later, okay? For now I want to keep you in my arms and never let you go."

The end~

Requests are open! Please share your ideas with me!