Chapter 51

Rosa's POV

Word count: 2783

*

I couldn't take my eyes off Gonzalo ever since we sat.

We were at the exact place I'd been planning and preparing for for over a week. Our spectacular date in one of the finest restaurants, and alone.

His new haircut gave him a refreshing look coupled with the white three piece suit he was wearing. Immediately we got settled in, I gave him a huge smile that made him give me one of his charming smiles in return.

"This is nice." Gonzalo murmured, glancing around once before he focused his gaze on me once again.

"Thanks. It's an intercontinental restaurant. We can order Chinese, American or Italian, amongst others."

"Let's go for Italian with a mix of American." He told me with smiling eyes. I returned a smile of my own, pleased with my research.

Well, it would be a lie if I said I didn't get some inputs from Mia. That lady knew all the restaurants in Italy, from the ones that deserved five stars to the ones that deserved three stars, no kidding.

"Alright baby." I merely replied him.

We made our orders over a glass of wine, ordering two plates of properly cooked pasta which was nicely decorated with half baked tomato slices, a plate of Prosciutto di Parma with a side dish of deliciously marinaded red prawn.

He ordered bottled water for himself and a jar of fruit juice for me, then we proceeded to make small conversation.

Immediately our meals arrived, we instantly dug in.

"So, how are you doing?" Gonzalo asked me as he forked his spaghetti and rolled it, efficiently transferring it into his mouth. He ate so beautifully. Heck, he did everything beautifully like it was a work of art.

"Did you really just ask me that?" I chuckled out my response.

"Hmm. We've been through a lot in a while and haven't had any actual heart to heart conversations. From Leo getting kidnapped to you also getting kidnapped and me discovering you're pregnant..."

"I think all I have to say, after all I've gone through this past few weeks is that I'm... grateful. I sometimes feel like I don't deserve any of this but you guys have been my strength when I didn't even know I needed one."

"You'll always have us. Me, Leo, Greta and," he cleared his throat, looking uncomfortable, "my men."

"I'm glad to know I have you all. Especially you. I love you so much. And so my general answer to that question is that I'm okay. And I'm blessed."

"I'm glad you think that way. You don't know how pleased I was to know that our baby was in a good condition...even though we were asked to still do some regular checkup for security reasons. Are you sure none of those men manhandled you or did anything that'll make me lose my cool when I eventually find out?" He squinted at me.

I reached out my right hand to grab his left one. "Gonzalo, I have absolutely no reason to lie to you. Stop thinking of my security right now. I'm fine, safe and healthy and I believe our baby is as well. Also, your men have this place surrounded so there's nothing to be afraid of."

Gonzalo nodded. "Good. And I'm glad we were told our baby is healthy when we went for the checkup. I just needed to be sure I won't have any reason to get mad later on. Ever since I got to know you're pregnant two weeks ago, I've been a little muddleheaded and also alert. What if something goes wrong? What if-"

"Baby, were fine. Nothing will go wrong. You're doing your best to protect us so I need you to relax, okay? Besides you need the rest as well. You've been all over the place trying to keep me and my siblings safe. The baby as well. You're loosing sleep. Look at your eyes, they almost look soulless. You should take care of yourself as well."