● ᴇᴘɪꜱᴏᴅᴇ 2: 𝙣𝙚𝙬 𝙛𝙖𝙢𝙞𝙡𝙮

" 𝐢'𝐦 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐚𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐲𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐞 "

𝐢'𝐦 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐚𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐲𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐞 "

•●° ¡ ________________________________________ ¡ °●•

Author P.O.V

"I'm Kanae, Kocho Kanae!" The lady smiled cheerfully. "What's your name?"

"Sh-Shinari..." She said in a low whisper.

"Ara, what a lovely name!" It was clear that Kanae was trying to lighten the atmosphere, but in vain. Shinari kept glancing back at the rotting corpses of her family, trying to hold her tears. Kanae noticed, and thought hard. She couldn't just leave this girl here, she has no family now. Suddenly an idea came to her.

"Ah, I know! Why don't you come live with me and my sisters?" She asked, brightening her expression. "I'm sure they'd love to have you."

Shinari's eyes lit up a bit as well. She could live with this nice lady who saved her? And her sisters? She could have another family.

But... What if it doesn't work out? Where will she go then?

Kanae seemed to sense her hesitation. "Don't worry Shinari, everything will be just fine." She extended a welcoming hand to the young girl, smiling. "What do you think?"

Shinari looked right into Kanae's eyes. They were filled with kindness, compassion and sympathy. Her hand automatically moved to Kanae's, her eyes filled with tears once more as she tightly hugged the woman. Kanae didn't flinch back or push her away. She hugged her back gently, and for a minute Shinari thought she was back in her mother's arms.

"There there, it's alright to cry..." Kanae said softly, massaging the back of Shinari's head for comfort. "You'll never be alone..."

Kanae P.O.V

After Shinari calmed down Kanae helped her stand up. 

"Now, let's bury your family and pay our respects before we leave."

And so, they buried Koshito, Seiko, Sakura, Kazushi and Koruto. After paying respects and Shinari weeping, the girls left the house and walked to the forests.

"Now Shinari, just hold on to me tightly." Kanae said. Shinari, who looked a bit confused by the sudden instruction, tightened her grip on Kanae's hand. She slightly gasped in surprise when Kanae hoisted her on her back and leaped high into the air. 

"Hold on, Shinari! We'll reach in no time!" Kanae yelled out. She was careful to make sure that Shinari wouldn't fall. 

As Kanae gracefully jumped from treetop to treetop, Shinari held on for dear life. She couldn't blame the girl. Not everyone gets around by jumping high in the trees.