2.0 Moving Evening

POV:Circee

Driver:Alright, that should cover it. Grab your stuff and get going.

Circee:Okay, thank you.

Driver:No problem.

I unloaded my stuff out of the UBER, after paying the driver of course. Once I vacated his car the driver wasted no time in leaving me in the dust, left with the weight of responsibility and the burdens of my own belongings, a stuffed backpack and two boxes containing everything I owned, practically about to burst from the pressure if it wasn't for the copious amount of tape Jake provided. It was now 10pm, the sky was dark, streetlamps windows and the occasional star filled the void of darkness in the distance, in the middle of that, my new home, a literal brothel nightclub. Neon lights covered the club in soothing hues of purple, pink and blue, while bright headlights penetrated the darkness from various cars entering, exiting, or simply sitting outside of the club. The club's patrons followed a similar pattern, some entering with visible excitement, some exiting with satisfaction written all over them, and others sitting in their cars in drunken stupors. A sight I would have to get used to, as every day when I woke up, slept or worked would be filled with people like this...

Yeah Jake, this isn't helping me. If anything I feel more stressed now.

A random figure bumped into me, nearly making me drop my stuff. They caught me and helped me to my feet, muttering some sort of apology before continuing on their way, this incident caused me to head towards the front doors, now a lot more aware of where I was during such a late hour, I realized I should probably head inside.

I pushed through the front doors, almost running into another person as I did so. The lobby was crowded, a line of people waiting in front of the desk holding money and cards as they tried to get in the club as quickly as possible, mentioning some sort of show. Veronica was still there, expertly taking payment and providing different colored wristbands all while returning the occasional flirt, or giving out one of her own. There seemed to be another worker there, some girl in a striped outfit wearing a badge and a large scarf who seemed to be in charge of removing the previously mentioned wristbands. With the only employee I knew busy, I sat to the side on one of the couches, resting my legs as I waited for a potential opening to talk to her again.

??????:Excuse me, miss?

I was caught off-guard by the sudden voice, a boy with blood hair and a uniform. Despite his suddenness, he wasn't very intimidating and he actually seemed a little nervous like me.

??????:You are, Circee right? The new girl?

Circee:Y-yes that's me.

??????:Oh good, you made it. Uhhh, nice to meet you my names-

He held out his hand to shake mine, but I was still holding my stuff, so we met in the middle with a half-hearted fistbump.

??????:-Steven. Sorry I forgot you were-. Never mind, I'm here to guide you to your new room. So if you could just follow me, please.

Oh thank god.

Circee:Oh g-good. I was wondering if I m-missed something or if I was supposed to wait for V-Veronica, or...you know what just lead the way.

Steven led me through the doors to the elevator in the hallway, fumbling to remove the badge/card on his chest, loud music and cheering leaked through the doors to the nightclub. Slightly intrigued, I peaked through the doors.

And then ducked back in when I saw the pole-dancing rabbit.

Steven:Come on, it will be a quick ride.

She hurried into the elevator and trying not to make eye contact, as Steven pressed a button to the second floor causing the doors to close and start elevating the elevator.