Lavi

Key One: Lavi:

Here we have a man on the run. Lavi helped to create an abomination. That son of his should not exist. He's ruined the girl's life. She would never be the same. Lavi wanted to take the girl and baby with him but he couldn't.

He's been on the run ever since.

Where is Lavi going to go? He doesn't know. Bookman hasn't tried to look for him. Does he even know where he is? Would he rat him out to Heaven? So far, he hadn't done that. Still, he couldn't be too certain. Things had changed. The rot of the Wasteland was rushing to what was left of the world. Lavi couldn't help but feel that he was the cause somehow. The angel shook his head. No, that wasn't his fault. He froze. That's what he's been telling himself these days. But that's not true, is it? He planted the seed. He should've known. Ami was a bratty child. What was his excuse?

Now, the angels want his head. Lavi has committed taboo after taboo. This wasn't the first time this happened. There was no baby involved that time. But he slept with Stacy. He unknowingly slept with a demon. Stacy acted like it was nothing. Lavi, on the other hand, flipped out. He couldn't get rid of her since. But she had her uses and she did care about him. (We'll get back to Stacy later.)

Now, the angels were on the hunt. They want his head. They are sending out the best trackers. Heaven pulled the more... Biblical angels. These are the nastier pieces of work. Normal humans would die from fear at the mere sight of them. Lavi probably couldn't take it. He didn't dare to stick around and find out. He chuckled to himself.

"That bad, huh?" he asked himself. Yeah. It is that bad.

Lavi isn't just on the run from angels. Demons are also looking for him. They want the child. They can smell blood in the water. They want to make the child their warrior. Yeah, he's had the dreams too. Lavi hopes that it won't come to that. But it's out of his hands now.

He's stuck between militant angels and overzealous demons. While on the run, Lavi realized that it was easy for him to be on the run. Ami and their son would've slowed them down. It was too risky for an unstable girl and baby in tow. Stacy was right. It was better this way.

The angel looked out the window. He's not sure if he's an angel anymore. He doesn't know what he is. Lavi doesn't feel like he's changed. He's still him but a father. He shook his head. No! He couldn't think of that child as his own. The baby had his own family now. He was a stranger now. Lavi said goodbye to him after. That was the end of that.

At least he hoped it was. But deep down he already knew. However, Lavi can't focus on that now. He has to keep running. That is all he can do for now. Right now, he doesn't know where he is. Everything's been quiet for the past couple of days. Maybe too quiet. Lavi isn't an idiot. Someone else was at this motel with him. He hasn't looked at who. The angel has kept a low profile. He wasn't going to make the hunt any easier.

The TV is on but the sound is on mute. He needs a new plan. This is not working. He doesn't have a destination yet. Then again, Lavi didn't really have a destination in the first place. He just had to leave. Maybe it was time to leave the continent. Europe sounded nice this time of yet. Not like the pandemic was going to affect him. He was an angel after all. He was immune to illness. He could go to Paris. Or London. Or maybe Madrid.

Whatever he decided, he had to act fast.

Three in the morning according to the TV. If he was going to leave, he was going to have to leave now. Nothing was stopping him. The room was already paid for. No one knew where he was. He could just go and no one would. But were they waiting outside?

He should've left a long time ago. But he didn't. There wasn't a reason. He just stayed. Lavi managed to keep himself together. He got money when he could. The angel didn't really need to eat or sleep. He kept his head down and kept to himself. Lavi couldn't afford to form personal attachments. He didn't need to put more people in danger. He didn't want someone innocent to be caught in the crossfire.

However, there is going to be a problem. In fact, there is already one now.

Lavi hadn't heard from Stacy in weeks. They have been keeping low. However, she would've sent him a message or a sign right now. Something wasn't right. She would've said something.

There is someone outside. There is someone at the door. Have they found him already? Lavi doesn't move. Do they already know he's here? He doesn't dare to look. Maybe he could wait it out. He knows that he can't stay here. How was he going to get out of here?

Lavi began to weigh his options in his head. The front door was a no-go. Same with the window in the front. The bathroom window? Too small. He couldn't use his powers either. That would draw too much attention. He bit down on his thumb.

"Fuck it."

The angel stood up. He closed his eyes and chanted to himself. Lavi didn't want to do this. But they forced his hand. It was either draw attention or get caught. The angel made up his mind.

He suddenly vanished into thin air. Just in time for the door to open wide. Three figures walked into the room but Lavi was already gone.

He doesn't know what's going to happen yet. Lavi just knows that he has to keep moving. However, he may be able to run away but the Wasteland is already waiting for him. It's only a matter of time...