[Chapter 1]

A cold wind blew across the pavement, as the Dark Lord approached the house. It was a fairly frigid October night and the Halloween air was crisp.

Voldemort could hear the playful cries of Muggle children running around in ridiculous costumes and asking for treats. It disgusted him. Voldemort scrunched his nose as a Muggle child approached him.

"Hi!" said the child with glee. "I love your costume, mister!"

Voldemort had to use all of his energy to prevent himself from ripping the child's throat out. He tried his best at smiling before patting the child on the head, and telling him to run along. When the child departed, Voldemort instantly put at least twelve cleaning charms on his hand to get read of the Muggle stain.

The grass withered around him when his bare feet came in contact with the Potter lawn. Voldemort paused when he got to the front door. He knew that Lily and James Potter were out for the holidays as they wanted to spend time together. Voldemort almost vomited thinking about it. Affection is the bane of our society. 

The person looking after the Potter twins was a squib who lived nearby. Voldemort unlocked the door with a flick of his wand and entered the home. The house was under protection from the Fidelius Charm, but luckily his hopless servant Wormtail had somehow been granted the position of secretkeeper for the Potters.

Voldemort entered the Potter home to find a warm and happy atmosphere. Delectable aromas came from the kitchen and the sound of singing cut through the air like a dagger. Voldemort soundlessly walked up the stairs with a disillusionment around him. He peered through the door of the children, his red eyes narrowing like an owl.

His wand flicked into his hand and took the disillusionment off of himself. The squib was rocking one boy in her arms whilst singing to him. The boy in her arms had a fair share of baby fat, brown hair, and chestnut brown eyes. He wore a ridiculous grin as the filthy squib tickled him.

Voldemort looked deeper into the room to find another boy in a crib. He was ridiculously thin with, skin paler than bone, emerald green eyes that practically glowed, and unruly raven-black hair.

Voldemort pointed his wand at the unsuspecting squib and uttered his favorite curse. "Avada Kedavra."

The jet green light hit the squib and blew her back into the wall, the boy falling from her arms. The brown-haired boy instantaneously began to cry. Voldemort proceeded into the room with a wand outstretched. He peered back at the black-haired boy to find him deathly silent.

The boy was as calm as could be, his face not betraying any emotion. He turned and pointed his wand at the black hair boy. Instantly a black aura surged around the boy and his emerald eyes were incandescent with silent rage of the threat that Voldemort was proposing.

Voldemort frowned. He truly didn't want to kill such a powerful child that could've grown up by his side as a Death Eater. He sighed as he walked forward with his wand jabbed out in the black-haired boy's location.

"Avada Kedavra!" the green spell hurled itself towards the infant. It came in contact with the boy, but then something that the Dark Lord never expected would happen. It rebounded. Voldemort dived out of the way as the green spell hit the wall behind him.

Voldemort looked back at the black-haired boy to find him eyeing the Dark Lord calmly. Voldemort smiled. This boy had a powerful magical aura, and could rebound the Killing Curse? The boy was fascinating. Voldemort shrugged off his cloak and lay it on the ground, to make it look like he was defeated.

He then took the boy from the crib. He looked down at the crib and found the words Harry Potter, enscribed on a bronze placque.

He smiled down at the infant, an act that was devoid of love or affection. It was a smile of anticipation. He knew that this boy would do great thing for the Dark Forces. The boy would be his secret weapon. All he had to do was raise the boy properly under Death Eater influence. He kept his gaze locked on the raven-haired boy.