Chapter 113-HINATA AND BORUTO

Beneath the Military Academy

Ming Dai feels the fatigue of his lengthy journey hit him as he descends the final step into the underground area. He is rewarded by the damp, the cold and the dark, along with the sounds of his newfound comrades training for the conflict in which they will partake. This is not a rewarding task that they have been given. This won't be the end of his exhaustion either, it will continue until either he or Furst Jonas is gone. This is the same exhaustion the shinobi have already tolerated for months on end.

Dai leans against a wall, uncaring about the moisture that transfers onto his clothes. He rests his dark hair against the stony surface and allows himself to relax. This period of relaxation lasts a total of three seconds before he is approached by a trio who want his attention. Hinata, Kushina and Himawari, the three generations of the Uzumaki family.

"Hello Dai," Kushina greets him, "We were hoping to have a few quick words with you."

Dai quickly discerns the grave expression on their faces. He looks over Kushina's shoulder into the darkness beyond, his eyesight isn't on the same level as a shinobi's, but he's had some basic training in enhancing his senses. Naruto is training with Juan. Minato is helping Naruto with that training. Sarada is training with Nina. The three of them have deliberately been left out of this conversation.

"Is there a reason why your Hokage relatives have been kept from overhearing us?" Dai asks.

"Don't you think the three of them have enough to worry about already?"

Dai resists the temptation to burst out in laughter, is it any different for him. "You are right of course, forgive me. How may I help the three of you?"

"Headmaster Sora has gone," Hinata says. "He hasn't just taken temporary leave to his quarters, he has left the military academy. Where could he have gone at such a crucial time?"

"Who knows?"

"You do, I saw you leave with him. You just returned from a short journey did you not?"

"Oh you saw that?"

Dai cringes internally. Hinata is the wife his sibling disciple. In his life of isolation and solitude, he has never had a reason to become attached to someone. The few people he has bonded with are his family. His teacher Muto Sora has become like a father to him, and he considers that Uzumaki Naruto will be like a brother to him. Is it really OK to lie to her? Is there anything to lie about?

"Of all times, why now?" Hinata asks, "Surely it is vital that he is here to oversee Naruto's training. What could possibly so important that he would leave now?"

"I wish I could tell you," Dai shrugs. "I honestly don't know myself, not beyond a general direction anyway. I only know that if my master thinks it's more important he be elsewhere, then he is probably right?"

This is accepted with some frustration. There is nobody in this entire building, in fact, there is no enemy of Furst Jonas who could argue with Muto Sora. The man's wisdom knows no bounds, his knowledge is endless and his experience is on par with the emperor's. If he says something is wise, then it almost certainly is.

"Does he know what Hinata's power is?" Kushina asks.

"Yes, I believe he does."