1-Last first day

Hi there, I wanted to thank you for reading. It's my first book and I would love to know your feedback and comments. :)

I don't have an uploading schedule because of college. But I intend on finishing that book.

It's not just a story I actually wrote that book to motivate people to have a purpose and to follow their dreams no matter how hard it is. I know for a fact that many girls may relate to some of the deep talk that I include and that's the whole point I want you to know that you are not alone. You are strong. You have come this far, and you still have it in you to fight for a good and happy future. Hope you enjoy reading.

It's 6 am. Today is my last year at school. All my friends have been preparing which hairstyle they will do for this special day. They call it last first day because it's the last year for us to wake up this early and go to school.

I'm not as excited as them. If I'm being honest, I'm actually very sad to leave school and go to college. I want to see my school friends everyday and laugh about all the stupid things we did. Plus, it's tough to decide which college to go to. What if I change my mind and I want a completely different field from the one I chose at first. I don't want to waste years. It's terrifying sometimes how fast we're growing up. With each year that passes, we have more responsibilities.

Anyway, my name is Jasmine but my close friends and family call me Jee. I pretty much like all sports, art and music. The other stuff, you will learn more about them as the days go. But right now, I need to get ready for school because Sandra will definitely kill me if we arrive late today.
Sandra is my best friend/neighbour. We go to school together everyday since our parents are really good friends.

I get ready and eat breakfast with my family before I leave for school everyday. I have the most loving parents and 2 older brothers.

At school, I took lots of pictures and filmed tons of videos with my friends to remember this day forever. Everyone was happy and we made a promise to try and plan lots of gatherings after we graduate from school so we don't drift apart.

The day was very emotional and I downloaded all the pictures and videos on my pc first thing when I came back home. I cherish memories very much and there are somethings that I would never want to forget. Like this day for example.

If you're wondering if I have a special someone, the answer is no. I don't like most men. They change girls faster than they tie their shoelaces. I want to focus on my life and studies and when I meet the right person I'll be ready then. I want to fall in love with someone who deserves my whole heart and devotion. I know I can be the most cheesy person out there but you're stuck with me anyway.

After I made sure everything was downloaded and secured in my pc, I go downstairs to eat diner with my family. My older brother is still at my dad's company. He works so hard to prove that he's worthy to lead because my dad will pass down the company to him. He doesn't want anyone to doubt his leadership and say that he's been born with a silver spoon in his mouth. In my family, we work hard to achieve what we want. My other brother, he's the middle one now. He followed dad and my older brother steps and he's studying business.

Everyone expects me to follow their lead too but I'm debating if I should follow my dream or not for a safe financial future. I dream of being a designer. You would think clothes designer but no. I love to design jewellery and I read a lot about all the materials. It's not as easy as drawing a random design. It has to be precise because not all materials can withstand the design. Some might break. I want to create my own brand of fancy jewellery decorated with Diamond, Ruby, Emerald and Sapphire. I have a few designs that I've drawn over the years for fun. I didn't know back then that it was an actual job and not only a hobby.

Mum tells me that I remind her of my grandma. She used to design the fanciest jewelleries and they would end up in auctions. Billionaires always beat with their numbers to own her jewelleries. I can't imagine how it feels to design something that will get so loved and people actually compete to buy it.

After diner I go outside and notice the weather is good so I decide to swim a little before I go to bed. I send a text message to Sandra to join me if she's up to it and then I jump in the pool.

I am grateful for how big my house is. I like that we have a pool and a jacuzzi. But most importantly I love that we have sea view. Every morning I open my bedroom curtains and there it is. It's so close we used to go surfing every now and then but sadly we are not allowed to surf anymore no matter how much we are skilled at surfing.