Part 1

Vaidehi's Pov

I was standing on the terrace to grab some fresh air after coming back from my dance practice

I sat down on a rocking chair and threw my head backwards while my eyes closed and I took a deep breath.

I slowly opened my eyes and saw clouds moving with the wind blowing. I love the weather today infact this cloudy and windy type weather is my favorite.

I feel safe around the nature especially the clouds. But more than these I love 'dancing'. 'Kathak' has a special place in my heart not because I'm good in it but actually it's because of my loving dad.

My dad was a Kathak Dancer as well as one of the best choreographer of Lucknow.

Nowadays, dad is in Mumbai due his office work and meetings there. My dad left dance after I was enough grown up to go to school.

He didn't want to but he had to leave Kathak because of me. My mother was completing her MBBS at that time. He thought that choosing dance as his career won't make enough money to run our family so he joined his dad's business.

He became the CEO of the Ahuja's Snack Basket after 5 years when he joined the company. He did left kathak as a profession but the love of art never left him. Since I was 5, on every weekend my dad use to teach kathak at home. I miss my dad.

From last two weeks, he is in Mumbai and he barely gets time to talk to us nowadays. I hope he is doing well.

I have been practicing for the upcoming state level competition and that's why I'm over practicing just to make myself perfect for the competition. It makes me exhausted but it's fun as well.

"DIDI!!!!!", I heard my little sister Vidhushi calling me from downstairs.
"Wait! I'm coming", I shouted back and sighed and stood up from my chair and started going towards the stairs but suddenly I hear a voice.

I raised my eyebrow and turned towards the direction from where the voice came. I started stepping forward to the other side of the terrace. The voice was still audible to my ears and it was getting clear with each step of mine.

It was male's voice and he was singing and guess what? It's a song from the era of old classic bollywood. I felt so excited and I stood there to listen to it. A wide smile appeared on my face as soon as I recognized the voice's owner.

"Oye! Vaidehi", I heard a shout from the back so turned around and found my didi with done face and both of her hands on her waist.

"Arey di, what happened?, I asked her while coming towards her. "I have been calling you since last 15 mins girl. Where were you lost, huh?", She asked being miffed.

"Arey it's nothing you just tell what's the matter? Why were you calling me?" , I asked her in a considerate way.

"Don't tell me that you forgot about the plan we made for today" she said with a done face.

"Yeah I remember that we are going for shopping today" I said while resting my arms on her shoulders.

"Ab kya mohrat nikalwau tumhare liye? Chalo naa! (Now what should I do for you? let's go! ) She held my hand and pulled me to the downstairs.

I saw Nani Maa in the veranda, sitting on the cot making my favorite green chilli pickle.

Then my gaze went towards Vidhushi who was ready for shopping. I smiled and I looked at her for a while.

I never realized when this little baby girl became a 10th grader who is way more mature and calm as compared to her age. I was so Childish back then and I guess I'm still like that but adulting sucks so yeah I miss my teenage years.

I am at my Nani's place with my mother as dad isn't home and mumma comes late at night from her work so we came here as mum wanted someone to look after us and Vidhushi's boards are done already so she has a lot of time to be soend and My Masi and Her daughter Vaishali didi both are here as well.

I feel safe and secure here. My Masi always took care of me as her real daughter whenever mum and dad isn't home and Vaishali Didi always took care of me, help me out with everything, became my unpaid therapist and gave all her love that a younger sister deserves, she became my crime partner in everything and a mum like sister who taught me how to fight with my problems and stand for myself.

I always remember what my dad once told me, "When everything goes to hell, the people who stand by you without flinching–they are your family". And guess what I found my people already and I love them the most <3

———————————————————

That's all for today! Sorry if there are any grammatical mistakes.

Now I will be a bit busy because of my exams but don't worry I will keep posting updates and other parts on Sundays.

Thank you reading 📚 !<3

Please don't be a ghost reader.

Vote | Comment | Feedback

I hope your day goes well ! Bye!~