Chapter 8: Capturing Hearts and Saturday's Secret

Status: Unedited

Published: September 9, 2023

"Skylar-chan is joining us for our match~" delightful news that resounded through the corridors as Hinata, Tanaka, and Nishinoya sang in exuberant unison. The trio skipped with a spring in their step, making their way towards the cafeteria to savor their lunch.

Meanwhile, Daichi gathered his belongings, calmly departing from his homeroom and setting a course for the cafeteria. As he ventured forth, he was met with a friendly greeting from Asahi.

"Hello, Daichi," Asahi welcomed with a warm smile, to which Daichi responded in kind, "Hey there, my friend."

The pair walked side by side in a comfortable silence, their tranquil journey disrupted when they encountered their energetic juniors.

"Daichi-san! Asahi-san!" Hinata chimed with enthusiasm, prompting the two seniors to turn their attention to the lively trio.

"You three certainly possess boundless energy," Asahi remarked, a chuckle escaping his lips.

Koshi, in a sudden hurry, darted past them, apologizing in passing, "Sorry, guys, please excuse me!" as he hastened to reach his locker.

Daichi arched an inquisitive brow, curiosity getting the better of him. "What's got him in such a rush?" he inquired, receiving nonchalant shrugs in response.

"Your guess is as good as mine," Tanaka quipped.

Before long, Tsukishima and Yamaguchi approached the group, shedding light on Koshi's hasty departure. "He's meeting up with Reynolds," Tsukishima revealed.

Their eyes met in silent understanding, a shared realization dawning upon them. "I'll retrieve my camera!" exclaimed Nishinoya.

"I'll fetch my notepad!" Hinata declared, dashing back to their respective classrooms with fervor.

Daichi couldn't help but chuckle at their enthusiasm, while Asahi sighed, somewhat overwhelmed by the situation.

Tsukishima couldn't resist a sly smile. "You're practically tailing them," he observed.

Asahi's eyes widened in sudden panic. "I-I apologize on their behalf!" he stammered, offering a deep bow of contrition.

Daichi, however, seized Asahi by the collar and lifted his head firmly. "Who cares! If we succeed in bringing them together, we'll enjoy free ramen," he reminded his anxious friend, injecting a sense of determination into their whimsical endeavor.

Yamaguchi's eyes shimmered with newfound motivation. "Free ramen?" he inquired, joining Daichi's side. The team captain affirmed with a nod and a gentle pat on Yamaguchi's head. "Indeed, my friend. Coach is footing the bill."

Hinata and Nishinoya swiftly returned, their excitement palpable as they rallied everyone towards the gate. "Onward!" Hinata shouted, while Nishinoya vigorously nodded in agreement. "We can't afford to miss this!"

The group, now united by the promise of free ramen and the thrill of playing matchmaker, eagerly followed Hinata and Nishinoya towards their goal.

As Kageyama exited his classroom, he found the entire team in a rush towards the school's entrance. Tanaka, seizing his hand, was insistent. "You're coming too!" he declared, pulling Kageyama along with the group.

Koshi, having arrived early, stood at the gate, his breath slightly labored from anticipation, clutching the jersey he and Skylar had agreed to exchange the previous night. He had no qualms about the arrangement.