Chapter 1

"The hardest thing in life is finding somebody you can't live without,  and then living without them."

"Again. It's for the third time this week and it's only Wednesday."

Checking her phone for the tenth time while waiting for her husband, Jiuen sighed in frustration.

Jieun's POV

He promised. He said he'd come early and have dinner with me. He raised my hopes, but it was all for nothing.

Author's POV

That was the last straw for her. She had reached her breaking point. She was done with his broken promises, done with his hectic lifestyle, and done with his indifference towards her.

"No more of his shit." In frustration, she uttered those words and then harshly threw the now cold plate of food, which she had prepared with love for dinner, onto the floor before walking away and slamming the bedroom door.

Usually, she would come into the bedroom and cry, contemplating where it all went wrong. But not that day. She was done, too tired to shed tears for him, especially when he couldn't even be there to comfort her and offer an apology.

Out of sheer anger towards him, Jieun grabbed her suitcase and began stuffing her clothes into it. She finished packing and swiftly zipped up the suitcase. Then, she grabbed her keys and locked the house. She opened the car door and then the trunk, placing her suitcase inside. She opened the driver's door and was about to get in when...

"J-Jieun?"

Jieun flinched at the sudden voice, a voice that belonged to her husband."

"W-Where are you going, babe?" He spoke softly as he approached her, reaching out to hold her.

"To my house." She replied in a blank tone, staring into his eyes, but then moved away from his touch.

"W-What do you m-mean? This is your house. This is OUR house." He said in confusion, his voice trembling, and he appeared on the verge of tears.

"No. I'm just a guest here." She replied with the same emotionless tone.

"W-What are you saying, l-love?" He said again, making an effort to hold her, but she stepped away.

"Don't call me that, and don't try to touch me." Jieun spat out, indicating her intense anger.

"W-What are y-you saying?" He said in shock, taken aback by her strong response.

"I'm tired of your nonsense, and I need a break." She replied.

"W-What?"

"YOU KEEP PROMISING ME YOU'LL COME BACK EARLY, AND TAKE ME ON DATES BUT YOU ALWAYS BREAK THEM. YOU KEEP SAYING YOU LOVE ME BUT YOU'RE NEVER REALLY THERE. YOU SAY YOU KNOW ME. BUT YOU HAVE NOT A SINGLE IDEA OF WHAT I'VE BEEN GOING THROUGH FOR THE PAST FUCKING MONTH." She yelled out as she finally let the tears flow.

Hyunjin looked at her, stunned, as the weight of his neglect and mistreatment hit him like a truck. He hadn't been giving her any attention for the past six months, and he had even yelled at her in the midst of it.

"L-Love. Hear me out. I'm sorry. Please. Give me another chance." He said, his voice cracking as he spoke.

"I have given you enough chances. I need a break." She said emotionlessly, her tears ceasing as she spoke.

Author's POV

Jieun was about to get in the car, but Hyunjin got on his knees and held her hands.

"Love..Please? I need you." He said softly.

"No. Please, listen once," she said, removing her hands and getting into the car.

Jieun got into the driver's seat, fastened her seatbelt, and drove away. As she drove, her eyes glanced in the rearview mirror, and a solitary tear trickled down her cheek as she saw him still on his knees.

On the other hand, Hyunjin remained on his knees, watching his love's car drive away from their house, knowing she needed a break from him. A single, lonely tear slipped down his cheek.

"I'll wait for you, love."

"I'll come back to you, love."