Chapter 4

"I like myself better when I'm with you."

Author's POV

Hyunjin turned off the alarm clock and instinctively reached for his wife, only to find emptiness beside him. Reality hit, and he remembered she had left him for a while. A sigh escaped his lips, his eyes reflecting a tinge of sadness. He got up and headed to the shower, reminiscing about the times when they used to enjoy showering together. He felt an emptiness without her. He quickly finished his shower and dressed in his office attire. He gathered the important files and documents needed for the day, walking downstairs. 

Walking downstairs, his eyes unconsciously drifted to the kitchen, where his love used to wait in the morning after finishing breakfast and also where she waited for him so they could eat dinner together. He then glanced at the couch, where they had created numerous fun memories, from watching countless movies to cuddling, having pillow fights, and cherishing many more joyful moments. He smiled unknowingly as memories flooded his mind, but his smile dropped as he remembered she was taking a break from their marriage, particularly from him. His face turned emotionless once again.

He walked out, got into his car, and drove to his office. Upon arriving, he immediately headed to his office, receiving greetings from employees as he was the CEO. And he greeted back with a small smile.

He worked until it was late at night. Realizing the hour, he took a break, had a coffee, and then resumed work for another hour before finally leaving for home.

He drove home, a sense of excitement filling him at the thought of his love waiting for him. However, reality struck—she had been gone for some time. Hyunjin sighed; the house felt empty without her.

After changing, he made a packet of instant ramen with leftover kimchi for dinner. Settling comfortably in the living room, he turned on the TV and savored each bite, moaning at the delicious taste. Unknowingly, he fell asleep on the couch after finishing his dinner.

At 3 a.m., he woke up, washed the dishes, and then went to bed.

"The first day and I already can't stop thinking about you."

Regret- Hwang Hyunjinजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें