Magic Tricks

Spigot was waiting in Earth's room for Lunar to come back

Spigot was waiting in Earth's room for Lunar to come back. His friend had been called over by one of his brothers and in his distracted state, he hadn't remembered to bring Spigot along.

This happens a lot. Spigot doesn't mind, he knows it's hard to remember things sometimes.

Now that Lunar was gone, with no telling how long he was going to take, Spigot had some time to explore the room. He knew that is was Earth's room, and that it was the old daycare. But it was also sort of abandoned as a storage closet before he was given to Lunar as a Christmas gift.

Spigot can feel a fond smile appear on his face at the memory of how pleased Lunar was when he received Spigot as a present. Though it was awkward for a stuffed animal to smile when it has no mouth. It was odd and small on his snout, but could be considered endearing or cute to those who could've seen if they were present.

Being forgotten often was a bit lonely but every time Spigot found a new friend or Lunar played with him, it made all that wasted time worth it. Everyone has to go through varying lengths of loneliness to reach those warm and comforting moments after all. It would be no different for a plush reindeer.

But maybe it was exclusive to Spigot. But that's to be determined. He had never heard of another stuffed animal or toy waking up and having the desire to walk around and explore. Given, he didn't think anybody has seen any toy 'wake up' before unless they are one of those electric or moving toys that need an outside source of power for them to move.

Admittedly, Spigot was fooled by the concept before and had tried to interact with one of these toys. Only to be scared half to death when it started shouting in a voice that sounded like it was badly recorded when the string was pulled.

Spigot doesn't really like that toy anymore, but he doesn't blame it for what it has no control over. Unfortunately, the poor little reindeer lacks the knowledge that toys don't exactly has feelings like he does.
There's no point in blaming him though, he, himself is a toy after all. It makes sense that he expected other toys to be aware like he.

As Spigot waddled around the miniature daycare area they spotted a chest that resembled a treasure chest that one would find in a pirate story. But this one had thicker, shinier walls that was much smoother and cartoony looking. When closer, he could see that instead of the chest having sharper grooves around each visible plank but it was all connected and instead had painted on lines and slight indents.
It was a plastic toy chest.

Spigot mentally praised the maker of the chest for having made it look so realistic that it fooled him for a moment. However, Spigot had never actually seen a wooden treasure chest in person before, so it wasn't exactly much of a compliment.
What really counts is the optimistic kindness in the thought.

Delight sparkled in Spigot's beady black eyes when he found a bunch of small blocks having been set up in a sort of stair formation, as if set up to help him along his little journey. It took a little bit of effort considering how short his stubby little legs are.