Chapter 4

"You call this scary," Clawdia asked, catching the five mares's attention. They saw her with Pinkie Pie as they're poked fun at the scary trees. "I faced creatures and things scarier then this childish attempt. Right, Pinkie Pie?"

Pinkie giggled. "You said it. And if they can't hurt you, just laugh and make them disappear."

As Clawdia nodded, she laughed at one of the tree face. The face soon disappeared into nothingness. Rainbow Dash, Twilight Sparkle, Rarity and Fluttershy were surprised from what they watched.

Encouraged, the five mares decided to join Pinkie Pie and Clawdia as they laughed to make the scary tree faces to vanish. Once they do, they laughed because they enjoyed this moment together.

Minutes later, they were laughing along the way until they stopped their laughter and their walk. They encountered the raging river.

"How are we gonna get cross this," Pinkie Pie asked.

Clawdia picked up the sound of wailing from the distance. "Hold up, lasses. Listen."

The six mares picked up the enactment as well. Joining Clawdia, they followed and discovered the source of the wail; the sea serpent.

"Steven Magnet," Clawdia asked. "What happened, lad?"

"Oh Clawdia, deary," Stephen Magnet whelped. "I was just minding my own business when this tacky little cloud whisked past me, and tore half of my beautiful mustache clean off. And now I looked simply horrid!"

Rainbow Dash expressed with annoyance. "Seriously?"

"That's what the fuss is all about," Applejack asked, agreeing with Rainbow.

"Of course it is," Rarity scoffed. "How can you be so insensitive?"

"She's right," Clawdia agreed. "Even lads had images to keep up. Especially Stephen with his enticed illuminating scales."

Stephen sniffled. "I know."

"His expertly combed mane," Rarity added.

"Oh, I know I know," Stephen agreed.

"His bedazzled fabulously well-trimmed manicure," Clawdia pointed, adding.

Stephen gasped with delight from praising. "It's so true!"

"All ruined without his beautifully pampered mustache," Rarity finished.

"It's true," wailed Stephen once again. "I'm hideous!"

Rarity flipped her mane. "I simply cannot let such a crime against fabulous go uncorrected."

Clawdia nodded. She walked up to Stephen Magnet. "Sorry about this, lad."

Stephen felt one his scales being plucked from him. "Ow! Whatever did you do that for?"

"Do it, Clawdia," Rarity demanded.

"Wait, what are you--" Twilight's words paused, she and the rest witnessed they didn't believe they had.

Clawdia cut some of Rarity's gloriously combed tail with Stephen's scale. With that, Rarity used her magic to levitate her tail and tied to Stephen's chopped half of his mustache.

Stephen howled with joy. "My mustache! How wonderful!"

"I could have cut some of my mane to do the same, Rarity," Clawdia commented with a playful smirk. "Otherwise you wouldn't have to sacrifice your tail. And don't nitpicking on her or Stephen about they'll grow back, Rainbow Dash. Everyone's minds aren't the same, you know."

"Yeah yeah, okay," Rainbow Dash sighed in defeat. "No need to rub it in."

Twilight smiled before noticing the river was less raved. "Hey the river's calm."