The shock

'You have to tell her! Now!' Kall screams when I brush my teeth in the morning.
'No. I don't know how, I have to prepare it,' I say and go to my closet to get dressed, but the only thing I can think about is my beatiful Ines. Her blue eyes are like a big ocean I'd like to drown in, her lips look so soft and her small body fits perfectly in my arms. I can't understeand how is possible I didn't want her? She's perfect!

'It's easy! Hey, Abby, I love your sister, because she's my mate and you are just a stupid manipulative bitch! So, go fuck someone else like you always do,' Kall growles and I frown.

'Stop it and help me with the actual speech. I don't want to hurt her, but I need to be with Ines. She's my whole world and-'

"Honey! I was looking for you!" Abby says and I freeze, "I have an idea... I'm not sure if you'll agree, but," she bites her bottom lip, "what about having a pup?"

'What?! Having a pup with anyone else than Ines?! No way!' Kall yells.
"What?" I ask and turn to face her.
"Maybe it's too soon, but I think we would be great parents," she says with a smile, "and I really want a pup... with you."

'Say no! No, Kay, no!' Kall screams and I tottaly agree with him.
"Umm... Abby...I think it is too soon," I say carefully, "with these things happening... I don't think it's a good idea."

"O-Oh..." she looks at her feet and shakes her head, "yeah, you're right. It was a stupid idea and-"

"It's okay, Abby. Don't cry," I say and feel really annoyed and so does Kall.
When she fake-calms down, we go to the dining room together. I'm looking for Ines everywhere, but she's not here.

'You have to talk to the chef, because he can't make her wake up at midnight! Remember that!' Kall says when we sit down and I agree.

"Hey! Answer me!" I hear someone yell.
"Oh, how can she always make so many troubles?" Abby murmurs and I look at her, confused. It's just then when I smell Ines's scent.

I look around and see my beautiful mate lying on the floor. Some woman kicks her and my controle snaps. I run to her and push the woman to the side, making her fall down.
'Kay! What are you doing?!' Abby yells thought the mind-link.

When I kneel next to Ines, I see she's unconsciuos. I pick her up and even though Abby is still screaming at me, I run to the pack hospital.

***

"So, there is nothing wrong?" I ask doctor Mark when I sit in Ines's hospital room.
"I have to ask her few questions, but the
she-wolf didn't hurt her," doctor Mark says.

"When will she wake up?" I ask.
"Soon," he says with a smile.

***

After half and hour Ines wakes up and looks around.
"Hey," I say with a smile, "you are at the hospital."

"Honey, I have to ask you a few questions," Mark says and Ines nods, still confused and sleepy.
"When was the last time you ate?" he asks and I freeze.
"What?"
I look at her and Kall is growling so loudly in my head I don't even hear her breathing.

"Umm... what day is it?" she asks and tries to sit, but she's too weak, so I have to help her. When I touch her, she winces and Kall whimpers sadly.
"It's Monday," I say and sit back on the chair next to her bed.

"O-Oh... I-I think... on last Sunday? M-Maybe on Saturday, I'm not sure," she says quietly and carefully brings her legs to her chest.

'What?! How is that possible?! That bitch didn't let my mate eat yesterday! It's her fault! It's everyone's fault! Yours too! How could you let something like that happen!' Kall yells.

"Give her food, but she can't eat a lot at once, because she would throw up. I'll tell the nurses to give you something light," the doctor says before I can do anything and writes something on the paper.

"Why did she faint?" I ask and stand up.
"She's probably just too tired and as you heard, she didn't eat. If she has a normal routine, she'll be okay," he says and leaves the room.

"I-I'm sorry, Ines. I didn't know... I... if I knew, I'd never let Abby-"
"It's okay," she whispers and I see she's tired, so I help her lay down again.
"No. No, it's not. You haven't been eating for more than a week, but you've been living with me for more than two months..."

"A-Alpha... it's okay," she says and gives me a small smile, but then frowns again, "c-can I... can I trust you?" she asks.

"Of course," I say and Kall is so happy that she is about to trust us...
"I..." she looks at me with sad and tired eyes, "she..."

Before she can finish her sentence, she falls asleep and Kall growles sadly.
'We have time,' I say, sit back down and smile, 'she'll tell us later.'