Nightmares

'Alpha, you have to come back to your house, now!' my Beta screams through the bond.

'What? Why?' I ask and feel the panic rush through me again. I stop beating the shit out of Abby and run back, not even waiting for his response.

'Your mate... she's screaming and crying, but I swear I didn't do anything to her! She has... a nightmare? I don't know, but she's screaming your name,' he says.

'I'll be there in five minutes!' I scream and shift so I'll be faster.
When I finally make it to the house, Kall is going crazy. He wants his mate and make sure she's okay and safe.

I rush to the bedroom and see the Beta standing on one side of the bed, trying to wake her up, but it doesn't work.

"You can go, leave it to me," I say and take Ines's shoulders, trying to wake her up, but she just continues crying and begging.

"K-Kay, please..." she screams and sobs again.
Does... does she have a nightmare with me hurting her? Does she see me as a monster like Abby and the other guards?

"Ines, it's okay," I say and shake her again, finally waking her up.
"K-Kay...?" she sobs, but before I can make sure she's alright, she grabs my T-shirt and hugs me tightly.

"I-It was so dark and you weren't c-coming..." she sobs.
'She didn't beg you to stop,' Kall says with relief, 'she was calling you.'

"And I-I just couldn't run away or... or hide..." she sobs and buries her face in my chest.
"I'm here now, love. It was just a bad dream, I'm here with you," I say and hug her tightly.

"Why... w-why did she do that...?" she sobs again, crying more this time.
"You mean Abby?" I ask carefully, but Ines shakes her head.
"N-No... I mean Violet."

Violet... Violet is Abby's mom, so that means...
"What did she do?" I ask.
"W-Why...?"

Ines doesn't answer me, because she stops crying and I realize she has fallen asleep again.
I sigh and hug her again. I'm worried she's going insane. I wouldn't be suprised though, not after everything she went through.

***

When I wake up, I find my mate close to me, his hands are wrapped tightly around my body, protecting me from everything.

I close my eyes and inhale his scent. He smells like cofee and... and something sweet, I know I have smelled it before, but I have no idea what is its name.

I change my position a bit and he hugs me even more tightly than before. Usually, I would freak out, but now, I just rest my head on his chest and close my eyes.

When I wake up again, I find a figure in front of me, it's hard to recognize her, but soon I realize the person has blond hair and a smirk on her face and...
She slowly reaches her hand to my face and I scream. I jump on the bed away from her and then run to the door, but before I can open it, Abby grabs me and turns me around.

"Look at me," she commands, but I shake my head and hide my face in my hands.
"Ines, look at me," she says, but her voice sounds different this time, really weird, it's more deep...
"Love, for Christ's sake, look at me!"

I slowly peek through my fingers and see half of Kay's scared face. What the...?

"K-Kay...? Where is s-she...? W-Where is... where is Abby?"

"She's not here, she's at the dungeon, remember? She can't go near you, she won't hurt you anymore."

"B-But she was here, I saw her... s-she was standing right h-here..."
"Love, calm down. It was me, I'm sorry, I didn't want to scare you so much," he says and takes me back to bed.

"Um... where are we?" I ask and look around the room for the first time. The bed is huge, there is a big window with view right to the forest with balcony and a next door, that is open, so I can see it's going to the bathroom.

"In my room. Now our room," he says and covers me in blankets.
"I'm going to get you some soup," he says and tries to leave, but I catch his hand.
"P-Please... stay. I-I don't want... to be alone
h-here..." I whisper and look at him.

"Of course, love," he says and calls someone to go for the soup.
"I-I saw her, she was right here... s-she was standing right here, I-I swear..." I say, I start to panic again, but Kay grabs me by my shoulders and makes me look at him.
"Love, she's locked up in the dungeon. She can't get to you," he says and hugs me.

"I k-know... but I still have these nightmares where I-I see her w-with the whip..." I whisper, my voice shaking...

"Can I ask you something...?" Kay asks and I nod.
"What... exactly... did your sister do to you...?"
I look at him, my eyes watering...

"I... I'm not p-prepared to talk about it just yet... I-I'm sorry... I j-just... can't..."

"It's okay, love, it's okay. You'll tell me someday..."