Chapter 12

When Violet woke up the next morning, there was a note on her bedside table. She put her glasses on and read it.

"Violet, please come to my office once you've seen this." -Dumbledore.

Jack was jumping up on her as she was reading the note.

"I'll take you out to do your business and then go see him." Violet said, petting him. She quickly got dressed,  grabbed Jack's leash, and headed outside.

While he was doing his business, Jack was rolling around in the snow.

"Jack." Violet said. "I'll take you back out a little bit later. I have to go see Dumbledore." She brought him back towards the castle, made a towel appear, and dried Jack off.

Once back in her room, Violet fed Jack and headed to Dumbledore's office. Fortunately Dumbledore had put a riddle in the note telling her what the password was.

"Chocolate frogs." Violet said and the Gryphon moved out of the way. Violet knocked on the door.

"Come in." Dumbledore called.

Violet walked in.

"Good morning, Violet." Dumbledore greeted.

"Good morning." Violet said. "Hi Fawkes."

Fawkes squawked back at her.

"You wanted to see me." Violet said.

"Yes." Dumbledore said. "I wanted to give you your Christmas gift personally."

"Alright." Violet said.

Dumbledore stood up from his desk and grabbed something from a shelf.

"Engorgio." He said, using his wand.

The object enlarged into a trunk.

"A trunk?" Violet questioned.

"It's an enchanted trunk." Dumbledore replied. "It's also your parents."

Violet looked at Dumbledore.

"What?" She asked.

"When your parents found out that Harry could be Voldemort's downfall, they went into hiding at Godric's Hollow." Dumbledore. "Not knowing what could possibly happen, they created a magical trunk for anything you and Harry could possibly need, in case they died and you two lived."

"So, they left us a magical trunk?" Violet asked, trying to understand.

"Yes." Dumbledore answered.

"What's inside it?" Violet asked.

"I don't know." Dumbledore said.

"The trunk is sealed with blood magic. Only someone from the Potter family can open it."

"Can I took a look inside?" Violet asked.

"Of course." Dumbledore said.

Violet placed her hand on the lid and lifted it. There were stairs in the trunk. Violet looked at Dumbledore.

"Go ahead, if you'd like." Dumbledore said.

Violet started to head down the stairs, with Dumbledore following behind her.

As they got deeper into the trunk, it got wider and a room appeared. Violet recognized the room. It was the same room that appeared whenever she went to the Room of Requirement. Her parents portraits were here, too.

"This way, you can talk to your parents without having to sneak around." Dumbledore said.

Violet looked at him, wide eyed.