Chapter 6

-Lloyds POV-

I was walking around my room, packing everything I needed into one bag, unbelievable but yes.
I asked Zane a while ago and we gave this bag I had upgrades, it may not look it but it could hold the destiny's bounty if I wanted it to.
I sighed as I went to my draws, opening one and taking out a shit ton of fidget toys and squish mallows, I then packed the essentials like water, food, pillows, weapons, medicine, a first aid kit, and basically anything else you need when your going to a forest that wants to kill you.
My father had left an hour ago, said he wanted to get away from Misako and back to Vinny, Kai... I wasn't sure where Kai was.
I walked around my room and notices one of my cupboards had a padlock, I remember I did it and lost the key... Looking around my room I opened a couple draws and grabbed a few personal items like books and sketchbooks, possibly spray paint cans and other items for illegal art.
He does graffiti and ofc he had to take them.
I found an old key that may he'd the lock and unlocked the cupboard, inside was several items from his past... Pictures, comic books, old toys, his hoodie that had the bone patterns, a wooden sword he had made at Darkleys, other small items but than I found a box.
It was hard to open and inside it had a case and a picture.
I opened the case and coughed at the dust that came off of it, realising what it was as I picked up the picture, in the picture I was about six, this was before I went to Darkleys, my father and I sat together on a rock in the forest somewhere near the monastery, I was holding a Violin and my father was hugging me with a proud smile.
Memories flooded through my mind as I remembered the violin and this moment, I used to play it when I was younger, my father gave it to me right before he went evil, every night before I went to Darkleys I would play a different song to remember him, I blinked back tears as I picked up the violin, dusting it off.

The tears were DEFINITELY from the dust.

I realised it was still in great shape, a little out of tune but I could use it, I decided to put it in my bag and close the cupboard, it was getting late and I really wanted to sneak out tonight.
I sat at my table and just sketched pictures as I waited for everyone to go back to sleep, it had been a long day and everyone was tired.
Finally, after several hours everyone was asleep, I waited a few more minutes before sneaking out my window, stretching my wings and tail with a sigh, I realised they were bigger and stronger, the oni and dragon side were only getting stronger by the day, I had to figure this out soon.
I let out a sigh of relief as I started to half walk, half fly through the forest, I kept going until I saw a lake, the exact spot I was heading to, the lake was huge, crystals grew in the water and plants were everywhere, the water was shallow and crystal clear, barely thirty feet deep.
Everything was perfect and had an unusual glow from bioluminescent moss, I sat down on the grass and stretched my wings out, I smiled as I looked at the stars, everything was perfect tonight.
Dragons flew over the forest and up in the clouds, having so much fun that anyone would think they were children, they weren't, they acted like it tho.
Right now in this moment I have never wanted to fly away more than now, join the dragons and be free, the Oni side however would mean that the dragon's would not accept me, not that I can fly much anyways, the best I do is glide or fly a few metres, my wings just weren't strong enough... I sighed and started walking back, it was almost 2am anyways.
That's when something inside of me switched, I could smell something... I was told that Oni hunt and kill like wild animals, that couldn't be true... Could it?

Whatever that smell was... Large and furry... No. No! I'm not like the other oni! Control yourself!

I yelled at myself in my mind and kept walking, the monastery was close but suddenly, everything went dark.

I woke up in my bed around 6am, I had a weird taste in my mouth as
I walked to my bathroom, I looked in the mirror and almost cried out.
I had blood in my hands/paws and stains around my mouth, I looked at my mouth and noticed a tuft of fur that looked like it came from a deer in my teeth, I was unsure of what had happened but knew I must had lost control, I rinsed my mouth out and washed my hands. Taking a shower and quickly changing into grey/blue torn jeans with small items like a chain hanging off it and a few pockets. Along with a black hoodie, A pattern on the back in white had a sword, skull and snake, ancient symbols in the sleeves and a ribcage pattern on the front. I put a few chain bracelets on, my black cross necklace, not that it worked anymore. I fixed my hair, it was fairly long for a guy, permanently messy and fluffy.