Dancing with your ghost

[If you're following me for long time, this story might seem familiar to you! If you're new, enjoy!]

{Trigger Warning ⚠}

*knock-knock*
I heard the knocking on my door and walked towards to check. I opened the door to see a boy with a smile, standing there with his mom. He looked like the same age as me. I was 10 at that time. "Hello little boy, We're your new neighbors." The lady said while smiling sweetly. "Oh, Mom" I said trying to call her. She walked in and invited them to be with us.

"Hello, I'm Han Dongmin" The boy said smiling brightly. "I'm Kim Donghyun, wah our names sounds similar" I replied and giggled, the other laughed too. "Yes it does" He said and asked me about my interests "I like dancing" I said and smiled. "Oh me too" He replied making me excited. "Really? That's so cool" I replied with a smile.

From that day, We become friends.

(6 years passed by)

"Yahh Dongmin!" I said entering the practice room, he was dancing as usual. "You're here, I was waiting for you" He said and smiled. I walked towards him, his smile dropped seeing wound on my face. "What is this? What happened? Who did this to you?" he said grabbing my face with his soft hands, with worried voice. "I just got into a fight, I'll be fine" I said with a smile. "Don't speak nonsense, Donghyun! Let me treat it" He said but I stopped him.
"Don't, I want to tell you something" I said grabbing his wrist, slowly moving my hands to intertwine our fingers. "I like you" I said with a smile, a pair of worried eyes looked at me. "Really?" He asked as I pulled him closer. "Yes I do" I said and leaned in to kiss him. He pulled away quickly "Let's treat your wounds first" he said with a shy smile.

We become friends to Best friends to lovers.

I didn't love anyone as much i loved Dongmin, We always danced together to reach our dream to become an idol. Dancing without him felt empty and I didn't want to leave him, at any cost. The most important thing in my life was him, my childhood best friend, my companion, and my lover.

"Han Dongmin!" I said and ran towards him hugging him tightly. "What's wrong love?" He asked being confused but hugged me back. "Happy 5th anniversary!" I said pulling away with a huge smile on my face. "Happy Anniversary, sweetheart" He said after smiling back. "I love you so much, more than anything else in the world" I said while staring at his pretty brown eyes. "I love you so much donghyun" He said getting shy. "We spent almost eleven years together, let's spend more and make more beautiful memories!" He said grabbing my hands and I nodded. "Yes" I said with teary eyes.

The time with him was the best part of my life, every moment with him was special. But god had different plans.

I was driving towards my house when I got the call of Mrs Han. "Hello?" I said being curious, she doesn't call me often. "Do-dongmin g-got into the accident, Ple-please c-come to th-the h-hospital" She said panicking, terror in her voice. My grip on the phone losen. "D-donghyun, pl-please come f-fast" Those were the words I heard before rushing towards the hospital.

I went inside after asking his name, I went inside the room to see him laying on the bed, his mom crying while my mom trying to calm her down. "What happened?" I asked to see the nurse looking down, my mother having tears in her eyes, shaking her head slowly. "What's wrong?" I said, my voice getting louder. "Donghyun, Put yourself together" My mom said in the most broken voice I've ever heard. I walked towards him to touch his lifeless face, which has scratches on it.

"Dongmin..Han dongmin" I said tapping his shoulder. "Stop son, Please" My mom grabbed me, taking me away from the love of my life. "He can't leave me like this, He promised me to stay with me forever" I broke down into tears, my mom hugging me tightly.

I walked towards the things he had in his car, I saw a ring and a card in the bag.

"Donghyun,We spent many years together and I want to spend the rest of my life with you. I love you so much ,You're the most important and special person of my life. I am so happy to have you and I love you more than you can imagine. Kim Donghyun, Would you like to stay with me till our last breaths? Will you marry me?"

I cried, cried and cried for nights, having his letter and wearing the ring he bought for me.

( Yelling at the sky,
Screaming at the world,
Why did you go away?)

1 year passed by.

"KIM LEEHAN, KIM LEEHAN!"
I was standing on the stage, with mic in my hand as Kim Leehan. This was my debut stage and the only thing I wanted was him. I closed my eyes, imaging him standing with me, dancing with me as I started my performance.

I finished it, looking at the crowd which looked blur because of tears in my eyes. "Thank you so much" I said bowing down, tears falling from my eyes. I missed him so much.

I went towards the practice room, the same practice room that i spent my most beautiful memories with him. "I miss you Dongmin" I said getting on my knees, finally breaking down. It's been a year but I can't forget about him, I can't move on. I felt someone hugging me, the scent was too familiar for me to not notice.

"I miss you too Kim Leehan"

I heard his faint voice, "Dongmin?" I said, maybe I was being delusional but that was much better than not seeing or feeling him at all. "I miss you, why did you left me?" I said, still crying.

"I'm so proud of you Leehan, I'm sorry"

The faint voice was the only thing that kept me alive, I always heard him whenever I was in this practice room.

"Let's dance together"

That made me cry more, I nodded with tears in my eyes. "I love you Dongmin" I said before playing the song.

( I stay up all night
Tell myself I'm alright
Baby you're just harder
To see than the most
I put the record on
Wait till i hear our song
Every night I'm dancing
With your ghost)

{THANK YOU! ILYSM AND I'M SORRY FOR MAKING U CRY! <3333}