LOVE AND WAR

CHAPTER 53

HAEWONS POV

Haewon woke up a little later then usual. She wasn't used to sleeping in since her schedule was always packed. She was just built like that. Routines were important to her, but today was different.

She groaned since she felt gross after drinking she tried to roll over but she felt something heavy on top of her. Haewon carefully rolls over and sees Jake sleeping next to her. His arm was on top or her pulling her into a hug.

Haewon stared at him as he was peacefully sleeping. Without thinking, she carefully caressed his face, tracing his features. She smiled to herself as he was out like a light.

She placed her thumb lightly on his lips. She remembered how drunk she got last night. She was a lightweight since she only occasionally drinks. Even though she felt nervous all night, she was kinda glad Jake was around. He made her happy.

Jake scrunched his face finally waking up. He kept his closed and stretched. He pouted his lips as her slowly opened his eyes. "Good morning." He said with his morning voice.

"Sorry, did I wake you up?" Haewon said feeling bad for waking him up.

"It's okay." He said yawning.

Haewon sat up on the bed. "Thank you... for taking care of me last night." She said shyly.

"Yeah, why wouldn't I? You're my girlfriend." He said while still waking up and rubbing his eye.

This made Haewon smile. He was right, they were together. Theyre supposed to be there for each other. It only made her feel even more guilty hiding their relationship.

"I'll make breakfast." She said as she quickly got up from the bed and went in the bathroom to clean up. Haewon grabs her toothbrush but then stops. She then opens the bathroom drawer and grabbed a new toothbrush she had just bought. It was a cute pink toothbrush with a white bear on it. She puts it in the cup and proceeds to get ready.

Haewon finally comes out of the bathroom as she dries her hair with a towel. "There's a toothbrush in there for you." She said to Jake.

"Cool. I'll use the bathroom now." Jake said a he slowly got out of bed.

EUNCHAES POV

Eunchae had been quiet the whole ride back to his apartment and Niki was quick to notice that something was wrong.

"What's wrong?" Niki asked even though he had an idea.

Eunchae tried to act normal. "Nothing, everything is great." She failed to control her tone as a bit of sarcasm was in her response

Eunchae didn't like to get asked what's wrong when she's upset. It only made her more upset. She didn't have to right to feel some type of way when this was a great opportunity for Niki.

Niki sighed since he already knew it was about their last conversation. "I'm not gonna go." He said.

"WHAT?!" Eunchae exclaimed. "What the hell do you mean you're not going? Do you even know what you're saying?" He said as she was visibly irritated.

"It's okay, I'm a freshmen. I'll do it next year." He said as he sat on his bed trying to brush off the conversation.

"And how do you know the opportunity will come again next year?" Eunchae knew he was saying that to make her feel better. This made her feel more guilty.

Niki sighed in defeat. "Eunchae, can you just let it go? I'm doing this for us."

Eunchae shook his head. "No, if you're doing this for me, I don't want you to."