What is that we try to understand within us?

''We live in a world where, we're being trapped by nobody, but ourselves. You won't find the exit, unless you arrive at the exit yourself.''

Seems too much, isn't it? Although, this is the first step to become whoever you may want to be, or to achieve things you bear of achieving for a long time. Now-a-days the world gives us free will to achieve the unachievable, to become the unbecomeble, to be familiar with your fears; you can literally do/be everything, so to say. Might sound easy just reading it, I know. But no, it will not be easy at first, you'll have to deal with too many questions, you'll have to get to the bottom of the ongoing story, many interesting things will happen along the way, but there's a good point in this whole situation, once you master your willingness toward it, you'll become even happier than you are now.
So, what is that we try to understand within us, after all? Is it the unknown? Is it the comfort you're having right now?

''In 1497, a Portuguese explorer, Vasco da Gama was about to get on an unknown journey to reach India. Why unknown, if he had as goal to reach the country itself?

He wanted to reach it, but there was no route he could follow to reach it by ocean. He also hired someone who could help him sail the Indian ocean. He wasn't afraid of the unknown, even though, many sailors have died trying to reach it. He was chose to lead the expedition in order to find a route by ocean to India, so he did. It took him 23 days, he went around the whole African continent to find a route, he could, he had find it. Was he in his comfort zone by doing this journey? I think he was, but he wasn't in the comfort of not trying, and live with the known, he was exited of the unknown. He was exited to prove to himself that he could finish this expedition with success.''

The trap we actually keep ourselves stuck in, is the known, and living by the rules of our comfort.
As humans, we have superpowers, we have our mind and brain to think, and analyse; And there's the body, the executor. What else do you need?

I cannot dictate you: What, and How to do it - but one thing that I can say, you'll need faith, you'll need your eyes to be fulfilled with desire, you'll need yourself, and you'll have to get comfortable with the unknown.

''It takes one man's mind, to create beautifulness, to destroy worlds, and to conquer his desires.''

For some people this might sound too much, but these are facts, solid facts that we can be what we desire to be, and that we can overcome and create everything just using our mind in a firm way. Everybody has it's own uniqueness, everyone was born with a gift within themselves, which awaits to be revealed. The gift itself it's not hidden, you just got to emerge deep enough in your soul, so you can find yourself, and also to awake the gift within yourself. We are masters, our job is to master ourselves, to benefit the most from us, from our knowledge, and to bright up people's mind with the gift we've been offered.

Wheresoever
This Spirit is,
There is the Tao.
Wheresoever
It stretches its hand,
Left and Right,
It plucks the Fruit,
The Treasure
Of Life-Destiny.

(TAO TE CHING, LAO-TZU)

In my opinion what we try to understand within us, is in fact us. We try to understand ourselves, the way we think, the life we live, our thoughts, steps, and everything, an advice from me:Stop worrying about everything, stop worrying about where you'd rather be, who you'd rather be with, stop focusing on everything, but TODAY, make the best out of today, get the best knowledge out of TODAY. When tomorrow, after tomorrow etc, will come, you'll have different lessons to understand, things to do, thoughts and wants to proceed with, challenges to overcome. As of TODAY, enjoy the fact that you're alive, enjoy the fact that you're given the opportunity to prove yourself who you truly are.

As Sadhguru said: "Are you here to experience life or to think about it?"