Chapter 1

"Shang, tara canteen tayo." Pag-aaya ng kaibigan kong si Solene.

 "I told you not to call me 'Shang', Varsha or Rhaine nalang kasi Solene. Ang kulit mo nman." I said as I got up from my seat, closing my books as I looked at Solene.

 "Where's Khazel? ba't di sya kasama?" I asked Solene. "Aba, malay ko ba? chareng, let's go find her." Solene chuckled as she grabbed my hand out of our classroom. We walked through the school hallways together trying to find Khazel because we didn't have the same strand as her. Me and Solene were in HUMSS and Khazel was in STEM.

 As we walked through the hallways, students started greeting me and I greeted them back. I loved being the Student Council President, I loved serving the student body, but one thing I really enjoy doing is studying. I feel validated when I receive awards, but it's expected. After all, I am Varsha Rhaine Ledezma, an academic achiever, consistent Dean's Lister and number 1 to everything, I don't come 2nd to anyone and anything. Sure, I was prideful, but I can't change myself, I just don't like...losing. 

"Owemji, are these my besties??? Grabe I missed you two talaga!" Hirit ni Khazel nung nakita nya kami ni Solene sa hall. She immediately ran up to hug us two as she embraced us tightly.

"Shunga! dalawang araw lang tayo hindi nagkita noh? pero I miss you din talaga!" I matched her energy as the three of us walked to the canteen together. 

We ordered our food in the canteen and sat down together in an empty table. "Alam nyo ba? There's a Science competition to be held at UST, and I want to be the representative for our batch." I said as I chewed my food. "Syempre, ikaw naman palagi representative natin eh." Sambit ni Solene. 

Nag-kukwentuhan lang kami tatlo habang kumakain ng snacks, afterwards, we bid each other goodbye and went back to our classes. 

After school, I commuted back to my apartment near BGC. Nag hilamos lang ako before nag bihis ng pantulog at humiga sa higaan ko. I didn't have any homework to do so I just went on my phone to scroll on my social media. 

As I was scrolling on social media, the school admin sent me a message telling me that I was chosen to represent our batch for the upcoming Science competition. I was over the moon when I read the message. Another opportunity to meet new people and gain new knowledge. The competition was this coming Saturday, I still had 3 days to prepare and study. 

The next 3 days at school, I mostly spent all my time at the library keeping my focus on my studies. Khazel and Solene often accompanied me to send me moral support, and I really needed it. They were my support system. 

The day of the competition came and I arrived at school early, I waited in the school's entrance hall along with other representatives. After awhile, we boarded the bus and went to UST. We entered their auditorium as a lot of representatives from other schools started to arrive as well. 

I'm so nervous, but I know I can do this! Laban Varsha! I thought to myself as I tried to think on the bright side.

The competition started and I eventually got to the final round, along with some male student from UST, he was from STEM, I saw it on his i.d strap, aaminin ko, medyo cute sya. I didn't know his name, but I couldn't believe he was on par with me, I even refused to admit that he was maybe smarter than me! 

We now had the same score with each other, we needed a tie breaker round. "This is the last question, whichever one of you rings the bell and gets the answer right first, will be the winner." The judge said as me and the male from UST nodded. "What is a quantitative observation?" I rang the bell first. "A quantitative observation is an objective collection of data which is primarily focused on numbers and values." I answered confidently as I looked at the judge. "That is correct. The winner is Ms. Varsha Rhaine Ledezma, from De La Salle University." I was then handed a reward with the male from UST beside me was awarded 2nd Place. 

After the picture taking, I approached the male from UST who was arranging his stuff. "Hi! I'm Varsha Rhaine! Congrats by the way!" I cheerily while smiling widely, I talked to him handing out my arm out for a hand shake. 

He looked at me with his alluring, deep brown eyes. "Leandro. Leandro Skye." he said simply and casually, not bothering to shake my hand, walking out the auditorium with his bag. 

Sungit. I thought to myself before shrugging it off and packed my bag up to back home. 

-End of Chapter 1-

Author's Note: Hi everyone! Thanks for giving my book a chance! I promise to try and update as fast as I can for chapter 2. It's actually my first time writing a book so please bare with me. I'm still practicing along the way, please comment if I wrote or stated something wrong huhu. I'm not from Manila so I don't know the locations well, but I try to research. Thanks for the support!