The Lead Huntress

"Scar?" The sudden call distracted the black-maned lion and had him slightly startled.

Alas, the lion came to the realisation that it was only Shenzi's voice. Upon turning around, Scar discovered the three hyenas standing behind him. What do they possibly want at this hour? With his annoyance evident, he gestured to indicate he required silence from them. Then he carefully glimpsed down; Nala was gone.

"Don't ya worry, Scar. She hasn't seen us. What were ya doing here, anyway?" Banzai asked.

Scar rolled his eyes, wondering whether the hyena thought he had any interest in answering a question like that. He was determined not to be laughed at again by these three idiots. "Remember, you are answering to me, not the other way around! What are you doing here?" he responded.

"The lionesses have gathered, and they want to have a little chat with ya. 'Bout the hunting," Shenzi shared.

Scar inhaled deep as he said, "Now? Can't this wait until tomorrow?" Nonetheless, he knew he wouldn't be in the mood for such a thing the following day either. "All right then..." Scar took another deep breath and begrudgingly trailed behind them, his disdain evident.

"Scar!" As soon as the lion was within her sight, Sarabi stepped forward. She complained about the hunting, explaining to him about how little food they had been able to find.

With lots of aversion, Scar felt as if he was being forced to listen to their nagging, as what he thought the lionesses were doing. Please, tell me something I don't already know... To distract himself, his eyes scanned the area until somewhere between the complaining lionesses, he found his target. It was the young Nala who stood hidden behind her mother, Sarafina. "Sarabi, you've just lost it! Perhaps it's time for you to transfer your task..." Scar spoke. Then, upon a moment of silence, he walked in between the lionesses, "...to a younger talent..." He narrowed his gaze towards Nala, who evidently avoided his eye crossing attempts. Subsequently, while passing by her, he gradually allowed his tail to slide over her back.

Nala was puzzled by this silly lion's behaviour. Scar had many aspects, she thought. Despite his malevolent and deranged personality, his air of mystery made him somewhat attractive. Nala tightened her expression and hoped he would walk past her soon, yet he didn't since she still sensed his presence. He's still standing behind me, isn't he? As all eyes suddenly pivoted on her, Nala felt a wave of discomfort wash over her. "Me?" she carefully asked.

"Yes, you, Nala." Scar stepped in front of the young lioness, bestowing her with a funny smile. "From now on, you are the lead huntress! I'm confident with you on lead, future hunts shall have greater success. I dare to bet Ed's life on that!" Scar glimpsed the hyenas and witnessed Ed chuckling. Fool...

As expected, the lionesses weren't content. "She has too little experience!" Sarabi snarled, a low growl eluding her mouth as she locked eyes with the dark-maned king. He, obviously, was also bombarded with questions from other lionesses.

Scar took a deep breath, rolling his eyes. "If you ladies have any further questions, you are welcome to visit me in my cave. Well tomorrow, because it's time for my beauty sleep..." he said, almost sarcastically. "I suggest you ladies do the same. It's clear that some of you direly need it!" Upon spotting Zira, a lioness who he had shared a rather unpleasant history with, Scar turned his head. He had desired to exile her years ago, but his plans were foiled upon learning she was carrying a cub. Scar also harboured immense disappointment towards the cub, Nuka, who failed to meet his expectations in every aspect. According to Scar, he was absolutely not fit for the throne. The kid is a teen now... Perhaps I'll outcast both of them soon after all... Yet it was a decision that required thorough consideration, because Nuka wasn't the only medium Zira had against him... Behind him, the chit chat continued. "Remember, my mouth speaks the law!" With that said, Scar left the scene. He instantly felt better. Scar assumed the presence of a certain lioness had done the trick, or perhaps it was the fact that he had caused some trouble in the lady-paradise. He desired to create both situations more often. Scar strode out with a swagger that spoke of his unshakeable self-assurance, ignoring the glares that bore into his back.