Chapter I

Present Time: August 7, 2027

A young teen awoke unconsciously while veins appeared in his head. His pale complexion slowly turned tan, along with his senses snapping in his mind. He abruptly rises from lying on a damp surface while breathing heavily.

" W-where am I? ", he wondered as his eyes wandered around a forest covered with murk. All of a sudden, an intense whoosh of breeze coming from nowhere split the musk. The bright full moon then lightened up the whole area.He was then appalled by the scenery, which made his eyes spooked. "W-what in the— !!", It was filled with countless decomposing corpses. A few moments later, a nasty odor went through his nose, making his stomach gurgle and dryly puke in discomfort. "Gwaahk!"

He instantly covered his nose with his left hand to avoid sniffing the nasty odor. He then complained, "Smells like a rotten f*cking fish!". Seconds later, the ground unpredictably shakes wildly, causing him to fall from his buttocks. The ground beneath him then starts to create a burrow. And from the burrow, something directly grips his right foot, which causes him to squeal.

"KYAAHHHH!"

It was a decomposing, necrotic hand. He instinctively flinched away in fear while kicking the decomposing hand with his right foot. The ground then started to create a clamping and crackling noise, and corpses who were white and faceless arose from the muddy and wet ground, aggressively staggering towards him.His eyes were trembling while his head and mouth were shuddering, his body paralyzed as his heart thumped in fear.

"Ahhhhhh!", The young teen's dreadful cry then engulfed the skies.

°°°°

The young teen deeply gulped while cold sweat was streaming down his face. It took him a moment to realize that he was having a nightmare.

"A nightmare?" he thought to himself with an uneasy feeling while his eyes wandered around a dark ceiling. He then found himself lying in a dark, cozy room. Moments later, a loud tapping of boots could be heard moving from the outside. And from the window pane, a silhouette of somebody could be seen checking the room using its bright flashlight. However, the windows were closed and the inside could not be seen, but it noticed the sound of the ceiling fan inside was turned on.

"Tssk! tsk! How come these students again forgot to turn off the fans?", it complained.

The young teen slowly stood up from lying down as he realized in his thoughts that he was sleeping in a classroom. "Oh Jesus! Did I just fall asleep in the room?".

However, as he was about to stand, he accidentally bumped his head on a chair and made a light commotion that created unpleasant noises.

"Who's in there?", the silhouette from the outside firmly shouted while pointing its flashlight inside the room; obviously, his voice was kind of scared by surprise. It then rushed into the room and turned on the lights.

As the lights were turned on, a man could be seen wearing a white sleeve paired with dark slacks, a pair of dark dress shoes and socks, and lastly, a Pershing cap. A patch was also attached to its right chest, with a description written on it saying ' school security '. As he entered the room, he immediately saw the young teen sitting on the ground, holding its head with an irked face.

"What are you doing on campus this late?", the school security officer inquired.

After sitting uncomfortably on the ground, the young teen stood up and looked puzzled at the school security. He then answered, "I-I don't know," while shaking his head repeatedly.

The school security then confusingly glared at him and once more asked,

"What do you mean you don't know? Give me your school identification card and follow me!".