7.

Today was quickly turning into one of the worst days of my life. To top everything off, I just got my period. Getting my period isn't what makes this day suck, it's that I have no tampons. I usually have some in my bag, but yesterday, a random girl asked me if I had any so I gave her my last one. It didn't matter who the girl was, or how you felt about her. If she needed a tampon, you gave her a tampon.

I was about to text Callie when I remembered that she had calculus with Jack, so her phone was in the basket at the front of the room. Madison's phone is off, but she isn't at school since the event at lunch.

Making a quick run to the convenience store down the street, I buy the only box they have in stock- a giant pack of fifty- and make it back to school and out of the bathroom before the bell rang.

I hate being late, but since starting here, it happened everyday. Abandoning going to my locker, I shove the tampons into my bag and head to class- the one I share with Nate, Matt and Chris. Oh, and Katy and Chloe.

I get there before the bell and sit down beside Nate. Chris sat behind us, an empty chair beside him where Matt should be.

"I miss him" I said, looking at the empty chair.

"Class is going to be less enjoyable without being able to laugh at him" Nate agreed.

"I'll text him to come get ice cream with us after school today"

Nate shook his head. "The kids at home with a concussion"

"A mild concussion" I corrected him. "He won't pass up an opportunity for free ice cream"

"Especially if Nate's paying" Chris added

Chris was being weird today. Contributing to normal conversation? He could barely look at me last week. He even smirked at me today, multiple times!

Nate mumbled something about us being lucky he didn't back out of promises when Katy walked by, glaring at me. She winked at Chris, but didn't cause anymore trouble. Near the end of the class, the teacher called me up to collect my homework from last week.

I put my bag on my desk and went to collect my paper. On my way back, one of Katy's friend shoots her leg out into my path. I dodge her leg, and look back at her with a smile. Take that.

But my victory is short lived- as soon as I look at her, I walk into the desk. My open bag went flying on to the floor and I steadied myself so I didn't fall over the desk.

The whole class was looking at me, with shocked faces and some tried not to laugh. I heard a gasp and laughing. Soon, most of the class looked embarrassed for me.

I'm confused. What's embarrassing about falling? I do it all the time. Nate laughed quietly and even Chris' eyes light up in amusement.

"God, Sabrina, do you need anymore tampons?" Katy yelled

Oh.

My open bag was on the floor and a few feet away from it, in front of everyone, was the open tampon box that spilled out forty nine tampons.

This was the worst day ever.

~

Twenty four hours later and my bad luck was continuing. I'm late to school because of traffic and the parking lot was full.

"Yes! You're all mine!" I say to the open spot in a prime location near the front door, but as I'm about to pull in, a blur of bright red speeds past me, cutting me off. Slamming the breaks, my belt locked, stopping me from flying out the windshield.

"What the fuck?"

A red convertible Porsche just parked in my spot. The owner got out and my questions were answered. Katy threw her hair over her shoulder and wiggled her finger at me. She closed the drivers door, walked up the steps and into the school.