18

After Chris finished talking to some guys about boring stuff, he lead me back to the guys cars, where Mike and Matt were talking to more guys.

"Did you have fun?" I asked Chris randomly.

He looked at me as we got to Mike's truck. "Yeah, I did" he opened the tailgate of Mike's truck and turned to face me.

"I guess it would be fun to take four grand from Justin"

He smiled at me, something I was becoming addicted to. "That wasn't my favourite part though"

Just when I start to blush, he put his hand on my hips and lifted me up to sit on the tailgate with my legs dangling down. He stepped closer to me, resting his hands on either side of the open tailgate.

"You're amazing" I admitted, trying to distract him for my racing pulse. "But why did it look like you were holding back in your first race compared to the second one?"

"Because I was"

"Why?"

"He makes my life hell. He harasses you, and he threatened my brothers. In my head, two grand isn't enough for him to suffer"

"I get it. Once the bet was made, you couldn't raise it, so you needed a rematch for more money. But, why didn't you win the first time instead of going through all the effort of losing?"

"See that tantrum he threw when he lost? And how he walked off after? He would've done that if he lost the first time too, and I wouldn't have been able to challenge him for more money"

I nodded, agreeing with what he was saying, even if it was hard to focus with our current intimate position, and how he's so close to me.

"It was either that or take Madison up on her offer to break his knees"

"Shit. Where's Madison?" I asked, looking around.

"What's wrong?"

"I ran into this guy when I went into the bathroom-"

"You went alone?" He cut me off quickly, looking at how far away the bathroom is from where we are

"No, Nate took me" I added quickly. "Anyway, he told me his name was Luke and he was looking for Madison. I don't know, I just thought she should know someone was looking for her"

Chris narrowed his eyes. "That's not good"

"Why? Who is he?"

He looked around, like he was looking for Luke. "No one she wants to see"

"Where is she? Why isn't she with Mike?"

Chris looked over to where Matt and Mike were talking to some guys. "Hey, Mike!" Chris called. "Where's Madison?"

Mike looked at us, doing a double take at our intimate position. Matt wiggled his eyebrows at us, and if I wasn't so worried about Madison, I would've been more embarrassed.

"Nate and Jack took her and Callie to the bathroom. They drove to a cafe nearby, the girls didn't want to use the bathroom here" Mike called back laughing, and they turned back to the other guys.

"Should we go get her?"

Chris shook his head. "When they get back, we'll leave"

I nodded, relived I told someone, especially Chris. "Hey" I started. "Why didn't you tell me Justin was your stepbrother?" Chris sighed and moved from where he was in front of me, making me regret asking about his personal life.

He ran his hand through his hair. "It was a bad time of my life, and it's not something I can talk about easily"

"I'm not just anyone"