Prologue 

Wealth...Fame...Power...The day that Gold D. Rogers "The King Of The Pirates" was captured and sentenced to death was the day the world changed. For the better or worse no one will ever really know. But one the day of his death everyone came from across the seas to see it. It was a sight like no other. But it wasn't just the day Gold D. Rogers died it was the day the last living Phoenix meet her end. A woman made of pure fire with long (H/C) hair and (E/C) eyes.
But before she died she locked Gold D. Rogers wealth away from the world in the Grand Line.

Logue Town 22 Years Ago

This world is like no other. One brimming with mystery and teeming with danger, filled with hundreds of islands strewn across vast seas. Throughout these seas are those who live according to their own rules who seek a life of freedom and adventure.

This is the world...of pirates!

"Piracy is a scourge upon this world. For far too long villains and miscreants have sown havoc across our seas." An older man with gray hair and a loud booming voice...this man is Vice Admiral Monkey D. Garp.

 Garp then continued with "But the marines, on behalf of your world government strive to keep you safe and protected

Garp then continued with "But the marines, on behalf of your world government strive to keep you safe and protected." The sounds of chains clanging on the ground as a man walked in with two marines on either side of him.

"And today we've made a great stride in that effort." Garp continued as the crowd's cheers grew louder and louder before a man with black ear length hair and a curled mustache came into view as well as his bounty poster that told everyone his name...Gold D. Rogers.

"Gold Rogers the so called King of the Pirates has been captured and his wife Gold D

"Gold Rogers the so called King of the Pirates has been captured and his wife Gold D. Angelica killed while attempting to flee the marines. His reign of terror ends this day." Garp says what no ones sees not even Garp is the killing glare that Gold D. Rogers sent him on the mention of his wife before he looked down with tears in his eyes, his mind drifts back to his gorgeous wife with long (H/C) hair,beautiful (E/C) eyes and (S/C) skin so beautiful that she put every jewel he had ever seen look like they were cheap knockoffs.

The two executioners open a door to the execution plaza where Gold D. Rogers waits his final day alive. "Peace shall be restored. Let this be a message to break the spirit of anyone foolish enough to follow in his footsteps." Garp says while they lift Gold Rogers up for his execution revealing hundreds...thousands of men and women of people to watch his execution. "Gold Rogers you have been sentenced to death for your crimes of privacy,thievery, and conspiracy against the world government. Do you have any last words?" Vice Admiral Garp said.

"Yeah! Would you take these off? I'm starting to itch." Rogers said with a sarcastic smile on his face trying to annoy Garp for what he and the marines did to his wife. But if you looked closer you could notice that even though Rogers had a smile on his face, he also had a look of burning fury and grief in his eyes. Fury at the marines and grief for the loss of his wife, who he had to watch helplessly as the marines gunned her down as she was trying to save him when he was already in chains.

Garp then whisperes in a deadly calm voice with thinly concealed rage to Roger "I warned you and her. You both bought this upon yourselves." Rogers just looks at Garp for a moment before a sly smile made it's way on his face "Now we're bringing it to one and all." Rogers whispers back to Garp who face goes from angry to confused. "By order of the world government..." Garp started as the executors pushed Rogers to his knees.

"I declare your life forfeit..." Garp was interrupted by people in the crowd screaming "Pirate King where did your Queen had your treasure?! Where did she hid it?!" Soon enough the entire crowd was screaming wanting to know where his treasure who. Rogers then started to laugh hysterically. 'They want to know , do they? Okay then Angelica. The fun has now begun.' So with a huge smile on his face he spoke lound and clear to the crowd "You want to know where my treasure is?! I'll tell you! Wealth! Fame! Power! I found everything this world has to offer! Free yourselves! Take to the sea my treasure is yours to find!" The crowd cheered "However..." Roger began again and the crowd fell silent "You will be unable to obtain it until you find...her. A woman with (H/L) (H/C) hair,(E/C) eyes and the power of Fire herself! To find my treasure you must find...The Phoenix." Once done talking he started to laugh hysterically knowing good and well the Marines killed her to capture him.

You see when a Phoenix forms a bond with someone they become loyal til their death. Gold D. Rogers had bonded with a Phoenix know as Angelica. He cared and loved her and when they got to know each other better married her. No one saw but while he was smiling and laughing he was also...crying. Tears fell down his face thinking of the woman he loved and then Garp gave the executors the signal and they thrust two spears into Rogers body making the crowd gasp. When he felt two blades go through his body. His last thought was that his love would be reborn and would find love again with someone new and be happy, so he died content with that thought . The second the blades pierced through Gold D. Rogers's body the people ran away from the execution to get to their ships with one thought in mind.

Gold D. Rogers's last words changed the world forever. A new age was created,started and set. The Great Pirate Era. Setting a course for the seas everyone set off to find the great Pirate King's treasure. The One Piece. But before they could find it they had to find...The Phoenix.