Part- 9 "Fever"

Alex POV:

It's 9 AM where the heck is My flower?
I wondered. She didn't text me in the morning, not a wish, not a greet, nothing. She didn't even inform me if she will be going to college or staying at home. I eventually had a feeling that she would miss college today and so I decided to do so as well. I miss her already, it's just been a day maybe, I didn't see her. And I can drown in water to see her. Just if any of that makes sense.

I came back to my senses as I heard a ring from my phone. It was her! Finally she texted. I didn't have the biggest smile on my face but enough to understand that I was satisfied, more like relieved. Without wasting much time I opened the chat, and her messages.

Author: I will write the conversation directly, hope you understand.

Sophie: Hey, good morning Alex. I'm sorry for not texting you earlier.
Alex: it's fine my love. Are you okay?
Sophie: I'm sorry to inform so late that I'll skip school today. I hope you don't get mad at me.
Alex: No it's okay! What's up? Everything alright?
Sophie: uhm no, I don't want to stress you out, but I have 103°C fever since today morning.
Alex: What are you saying flower?! Are you okay? Listen to me, take rest and don't be sad okay? I am with you! I love you.
Sophie: Thank you love. You too take care and have a good day. I'll talk to you soon bye! I love you too.
Alex: I will Flower, don't think about me please. Could you tell me how did this happen?
Sofie: Umm, my parents just arrived yesterday and, I don't have the best relationship with them although not the worst but still. Well, that's not the real reason I assume but I guess, I was just stressed out by the thought of them taking over me. Most if they get to know about you.
Alex: Okay I get it, don't worry about it, I'm there with you. No matter what okay, Baby?
Sofie: Yes, thank you. I'll take my leave. I'll take some rest hmm. Text me later. I love you.
Alex: I love you more, take rest.

Yes, that made me sad enough to make my day bad. Not that I can't stand her small tantrums, but I don't like her getting sick. Yes, I know I can nearly do nothing about it other than staying by her side, but I want to help and I'm sure that her parents are here just for a week, and we just need to dodge that. But I hope she will be fine soon.

I continued with my day smoothly with some real tensed thoughts. I really hoped uncle and aunt didn't see the texts and stuff. I'm horribly tensed. Anyways, I'll make sure nothing like that happens.

ARIA'S POV:

I did treat Sofie, even texted Alex about her wellbeing. Not that she didn't know, I let her know what he typed, and I replied as she instructed. Yes, he seemed to be enough tensed, more than I thought. She was very serious although her fever was getting better.

"Ari, what is the time?" Sofie mumbled, "Don't worry it's just 1pm, take rest please." She softly nodded and smiled at me probably laughing at my tensed condition. Honestly, I never saw her so ill in these past years. Instead, she was the one always taking care of me. Always sitting by my side the whole night whenever I had fever or I had my days. It was very disturbing and terrible nightmares on those days. She was doing the things my mother should be doing. She too had terrible cramps but always looked over them just to take care and be with me. And today was my turn.

Maybe it was her parents, maybe it was studies, maybe it was unnecessary stress she was taking thinking about Alex and her relation and stuff. I too, pray for her to never get caught by her parents. Aunty was sweet, but again, they are parents, what do we expect?

But I cannot see her like that, it was hurting my heart internally, she was like a mother and an elder sister, I never had. I never had a good or bad relationship with my parents, just like her. So, she was almost everything I ever had. We both weren't close to our families compared to each other.

"Why is she sleeping for so long? Is it a holiday today? Or you guys have late class?" Aunty barged in and enquired. Eventually startling me because of the sudden action. "No aunty, she has fever, I checked and it's not being normal since 9am." I confirmed her, hoping she'd believe. "No way, she's lying, she was fine till yesterday." She said in a worried but suspecting tone. "No aunty, I really checked, and she can't wake up since then, she fainted at least twice and kept mumbling from the very beginning." I kept defending her, hoping she'd at least believe me. But it felt like it was all in vain. I hated those parents who didn't trust their children, including mine.

"Hmm, okay. Won't you go to college? She's safe with us, you don't have to miss college." She said in an assuring tone. Was she even serious? I'd leave my sister and go to college when she's not even well. Never. "No aunty, I'm fine, I don't go to college without her, and there were no important class today, as such." I clarified with a stern look and fierce but calm tone. "Okay, as you wish but you shouldn't waste your time on her stupidity." She said with a disappointed look. Truly, I didn't even care about what she thought anymore because anything, but she wasn't safe with them. The way she said that it was her stupidity, it had me hard, I was not leaving her and I was sure.

"Y-you can go, Ari. I'll be fine." I heard Sof mumbling, struggling to open her eyes, just when aunty went away. Was she even serious? I was so done with her! "No, that is so not happening, I know you need me, and I cannot leave you alone, let me stay please." I tried to convince her. She smiled weekly at me , she was convinced and I knew it.

____________________________________

Hey guys, I know I'm super late and I'm really sorry for that. I was busy with my schedules and also had exams. And for some reason couldn't take out time for this, also lack of ideas is a hugee reason. I hope you will consider it, and stay with me.
Thank you, love love!!
-Author Lily

____________________________________