Chapter Eight

Carrera's POV

I should be freaking out. I should be worried about what all of this can mean; I don't know why I did that. Mr. Hemming and I are here in the south of France, checking out the house I'm getting him. I don't know why but after my night with Maxwell and him not making a move on me.

I felt so awful about it and myself esteem was suffering a little. He did call and explained to me, that he just got out of a relationship. And did not want to get involved in something short term. I wanted to be angry, but I understood where he was coming from. So, we left it to just being food friends.

He recommended some restaurants for me to try. I gave his details to an investor to help grow his business. I was really looking forward to having a little bit of fun, but now it's just food and work not that I mind but it I just wanted something different.

I spent the last few days working with Mr. Hemming after he took me around the city when he got angry about his business deal, I realized that his life is all about work and meetings. Sure, he travels all over the world but he never gets to see it he's always in meetings and working so I decided to include him in my work and we have been having fun.

He is a really nice guy not just a really nice boss and I like that I never thought I would have fun with Josh Hemming. You did more than have fun. My mind reminds and I groan I still can't believe I kissed him I knew getting close with him would ruffle some feathers but I didn't think we would end up kissing.

I'm not going to lie it was an amazing kiss and it left me all warm and tingly no guy has ever kissed me the way he did and I know it might ruin everything I just know it. The car comes to a stop and we get out I look up to see that we were outside the hotel Mr. Hemming walks over to me taking my hand into his walking us into the hotel.

I take in the décor of the lobby while he speaks with the girl at reception, I'm not going to lie he has amazing taste in hotels then again what did I expect he is Josh Hemming. Josh finishes his talk turning to face me his dark blue eyes taking me in and I feel this tingle run through me Josh gives me a smile walking off taking me with him.

We get on the elevator and another couple gets on; they press for a floor and just as the doors close, they were all over each other. Josh curls his arm around me pulling me to him as the couple try to eat each other the woman pushes the guy into the wall and he lifts her up they are really going at it and the air in the lift is getting hot and my cheeks heat up.

Josh lowers his head to mine his breath fanning my neck and I think he's going to kiss me but he doesn't and it drives me crazy. I don't know why but I want him to kiss me there or like before on the train maybe even do more, I must be out of my mind wanting this man knowing who he is.

The lift comes to a stop and the couple gets off still all over each other I take a step forward but Josh tightens his hold on me I look up at him and he has a smirk on his face. He lowers his head to mine and I think he's going to kiss me but he just pushes for our floor swiping a card he winks at me and I shake my head.

I remove his hold on me standing on the other side of the lift I keep my eyes forward but I know he is looking at me and the tension starts to build again. The lift comes to a stop and we get off Josh opens the door to our suite allowing me to walk in; the minute we were inside he picks me up bridal style and I squeal.

I look over at him and he has a big smile on his face that makes me smile I have never seen him like this before and it makes me smile. He carries me into a bedroom throwing me down on the bed before crawling on top of me his lips find mine kissing me deeply and I can't help the moan that escapes my mouth.