Chapter 5

Jihyo, unconsciously, starts caressing Tzuyu's right arm. Tzuyu didn't expect that, she thought it was her that was gonna make Jihyo nervous lying on her lap. Right then, the bed scene starts playing and Jihyo realizes what she's doing but it's too late to stop. What would Tzuyu think if she stopped moving her hand right at that moment? She thinks and decides to continue, a bit nervous and too self-conscious of what she's doing but still, she can't stop now. Tzuyu would really prefer her to stop. Between the scene playing and Jihyo's caresses, she's feeling weird things in her stomach. The scene gets more intense and Jihyo is glad Tzuyu can't see her face right now. She can't look at the TV, she's feeling things she never thought she would feel and doesn't know what to do. She looks around the room but Tzuyu moves slightly and she ends up focusing on Tzuyu that's still lying on her lap. Without even realizing it, her hand travels up Tzuyu's arm and under her sleeve.

Tzuyu thinks she's going to have a heart attack. She can't look away from the TV, too afraid Jihyo will run away but the current scene is not really helping. The sounds on the TV wake Jihyo up from her trance and her hands stop moving when she sees Tzuyu gulp, notices how fast Tzuyu's heart is beating, and sees what's happening in the movie. Everything gets awkward and too real the moment Jihyo stops her movements.

Tzuyu gets up from her lap and Jihyo sees her go to the kitchen. She comes back with a glass of water but the moment Tzuyu puts it down on the table, Jihyo picks it up without thinking and drinks half of it at once. Tzuyu laughs internally and sits on the sofa. They continue watching the movie but this time, sitting as far away from each other as they can, both afraid of what more can happen in the movie.

Right when the movie is about to end, they hear the bell ring. Jihyo runs to the door and Sana, Dahyun, Jeongyeon, and Nayeon get inside the house, all of them talking loudly and congratulating Jihyo. They meet Tzuyu for the first time but they all feel like they already know her and treat her as an old friend.

"Oh. Did you watch the handmaiden?" Sana asks seeing the movie paused on the TV.

Jihyo's heart stops beating for a second and her voice trembles when she answers. Dahyun and Nayeon look at Jihyo and then at Tzuyu whose eyes grow wider remembering what happened. Then, they look at each other and both raise their eyebrows. Lately, they've been talking about how Jihyo has been acting differently since she met Tzuyu and how for the last month she suddenly stopped talking about her.

They thought they would see Jihyo and Tzuyu fighting but instead, they seem to be perfectly fine. Why did she stop talking about her, then? Dahyun thinks.

"Jihyo has been talking a lot about you" Dahyun tells Tzuyu. "I'm glad we can finally meet you". Tzuyu smiles hearing that. Nayeon comes up to her and starts talking to her in Chinese. She's extra happy now that she can talk to someone in her mother tongue.

They are talking, eating some late-night snacks, and drinking a bit when Jeongyeon suggests playing some games.

It all starts very normally. They play some card games but when they've almost finished half of the drinks, Jeongyeon suggests playing with the truth detector.

"If you lie, the others choose a punishment!" Nayeon screams.

"Sana, do you like our new friend?" Dahyun asks and the machine shows a green light. Tzuyu smiles. She's so happy she gets to make new friends and they like her.

"Jeongyeon, do you think Nayeon is cool?" Sana asks. "No!" she says laughing to make Nayeon mad but the machine shows a red light and Jeongyeon almost throws the machine out the window when it gives her an electric shock.

"Ohh you think I'm cool! I knew it!!" Nayeon says and they start bickering when Nayeon starts coming up with possible punishments.

Meanwhile, Dahyun takes the machine and puts Jihyo's hand on it.