The Money Shark (a Sea/Wade Story)

Many days in Duckburg went by, and I wondered if I was stuck in this life for good. The weird thing was that I had a theory that I had died in the human world, and somehow started living in this universe, but that was outrageous. Death doesn't work that way, and even if I had died in the human world, I'd be in Heaven right now (I'm a Christian). So, the real question was, "How did I get here in the first place, and how do I get out? And if I could get out, would I be able to come back?" Okay, technically, that's three questions. But you get the point. (Whoops, I just broke the fourth wall here, didn't I 😉)

The past few days were quiet in Duckburg, Shayla had a couple of gigs this week, and while I was home alone, she allowed me to walk down to the beach and stores near the house.

Although today was anything but quiet...

A beanstalk, probably Scrooge's doing, was blocking most of the roads and walkways to stores! Worst of all, Shayla had to exit the house using the roof! Which meant if I was going out today, I'd have to go up on the roof to get out!

As I contemplated whether I would go out today, I got a text from Wade.

 Wade's Phone: Hey Sea, bet you saw what's happening here in Duckburg! My parents do not want me to go outside alone, I asked them what if I hung out with a friend. Are you interested? You don't have to! I'm not forcing you! I'm just bored...

Wade had been texting for a few days, but not a lot. At that time, I found out he's an only child with only one cousin that's a girl, his parents - mainly his mom - care about his life, and I learned he could play guitar and piano well. He can play other instruments, just not as well as the other two. He's become nicer after he stopped bragging and lying. I can tell he's happy about having me as a friend because when he asks me if I want to do stuff, he always says "only if you want to" which I think is sweet because he wants to make sure he's being a good friend to me.

Me: Sure, I'm down! It'll be tricky getting out of my house (the beanstalk is blocking our doors and windows) but I'll figure it out. Meet me at Sean's Do's and Donuts.

I put my phone up and began to climb up to the attic. I hadn't been up there at all since I first arrived. There was lots of old junk and clothes from when Shayla and "I" were little, and "our" parents were alive. I found a couple of photo albums and quickly scanned through them. Shayla and I were cute as DuckTales duck babies. And we looked so much like our parents, I resembled our dad and Shayla looked more like our mom. From a couple of pictures, it seemed like our mom was a bit of an actor and our dad was a film producer, but it also looked like they stopped their work when I was just a few years old. It was cool to know my Duck family had a good run, and it would have an even better one now that I can make my Duckburg life what I want it to be. I put the albums away and opened the back window.

The beanstalk covered the bottom half of the window, so I had to climb up on it and hoist myself on the roof from the beanstalk. I knew the house wasn't that tall, but I could see a long way away from there. The beanstalk took over half of Duckburg and I almost couldn't see Sean's. I slid down the front of the house's roof and climbed the beanstalk the rest of the way down. The people of Duckburg were clearly coming up with wild ways of getting around; a woman was using a chainsaw to cut a hole to get her baby stroller to the other side, a man used a grappling hook to scale the beanstalk, and others were climbing and scaling the beanstalks to get to the other side. I have to scale a couple of beanstalks to get to Sean's. When I reached the donut shop, Wade went down a beanstalk with a nicely dressed man.

Wade: Hey, Sea! *wheeze* That was tough to get through!

Wade's breathing was wheezy, although his "friend's" wasn't.