Chapter 6: Today's the day

Diggie:

I told north to meet me at Rocket Diner for our fake date. I knew maddie would be there because every Thursday, after school, she and liv have their afternoon snack there.

Another reason why I chose the diner as the setting for our fake date is because there was a time when liv was sick so maddie took me to eat with her, and we ended up feeding each other spoons full of banana split laughing at everything we said.

----------------------------------------------

North got there right on time. We sat down and we reviewed the plan. I reminded her of what to do and what not to do, and of what to say and not to say.

Maddie arrived at her usual time, around quarter to 4. She and liv sat at their table and barely noticed us. Our plan wasn't going as planned.

--------------------------------------------

I decided to take it up a notch, I told north to laugh really hard at everything I said. I told her to compliment everything I said or did, and I even ended up putting my arm around her just so maddie would notice. After all our efforts, she finally did. She saw us when I started feeding north spoons full of banana split, and was laughing at every single thing I said.

----------------------------------------------

I started wondering what she was thinking. What would I think if I saw maddie with another guy. Would I want her back or would I just forget she ever happened??