Qalb (The heart)

Aariz
"Drop it" I say
The sound of an opponent's sword dropping against the ground is one of the only things that make me genuinely smile. I lean over to help Aaqib get up. "I must say that you should start practising more brother, you only win because I let you" says Aaqib smirkingly. I roll my eyes and take off my armour to get ready to go to the darbar. I hear a groan behind me and turn around to look, I see Aaqib on the ground holding his forehead with both his hands and in a lot pain. That's when I realise what was happening, I slide down beside him and rub his back. "Sadr e Azam, call the Hakeem quickly." I yell. I look at Aaqib and see him groaning in pain. "It's going to be alright Aaqib baba, Just relax" I say gently. I hate it when this happens, not being in control of something drives me crazy. The Hakeem and Mumaridat come and take Aaqib away, asking me to wait outside. After what seemed like hours I hear footsteps coming towards my direction, "Your Majesty, there has been an announcement made by the Kingdom of Baghdad. The King and Crown Prince have been assassinated last night" says Sadr. I look at him with deep curiosity and disbelief. "The King and the Crown Prince?" I ask, He nods. "And who is responsible?" I ask, He looks at me nervously and says " They still haven't caught the people responsible, Huzoor." I nod, That means that only the Princess has survived. My mind pictures the last time I saw her, I was around 15 at the time while she was only 10 years old, yet she was the most annoying girl I've ever encountered. We met at our palace when her father had come to make a treaty with my Baba. I imagine her being alone and heartbroken. "We shall pay our respects, when is the funeral?" I ask. "Unfortunately it has already been done." He says looking sick. I eye him and ask why. He gulps and says " They were in no condition to be kept for even a day." Anger fills me as I realise what he means. Who could have done such an gruesome thing. I dismiss him and go to bed waiting for tomorrow.

The scorching sun and hot air engulfs me as soon as I step out of my carriage. I never thought that I would come here to pay my condolences to Princess Miraal. The magnificent Palace of Baghdad fills my view. "Welcome Prince Aariz, The Kingdom of Baghdad is honoured to have you here today." says a man. I vaguely remember seeing him last time, "Thank you for having me." I say.I get seated in the Queen's dining room. I look around the gold gilded room and see a small cat. "A little bit weird to be seated in a queens hall don't you think " I say to him as I pet him. "Not at all Prince Aariz" I hear behind me. "Your about to meet the future Queen of Baghdad," I turn around. I look at her and try to keep my expressions in control but what's going on inside my mind is something only I can know, something only I can experience. Her dark brown eyes stare right into mine, just like they did so many years ago. Except this time, they're more deeper, more enchanting. She then looks at me head to toe which annoys me even more. "You look good" she says. I smile "I wish I could say the same about you, Shahdokht" I lie, She looks greater than just good. There's something about her that makes my stomach churn. I internally loathe myself for thinking this way. I'm not even supposed to look at her let alone having impermissible thoughts for her, I remind myself. She looks at me with a satisfied look and says "You wish you could express your real thoughts of me, but your foolish pride will never allow you to." I smile hiding my annoyance and remind myself why I'm here in the first place. "I'm here to pay my condolences to you Shahdokth, I sincerely wish your Baba and Akhi the highest level of Jannah." I say. She looks at me and brutally asks "Do you though?" Anger rushes throughout my body. "Pardon me, what do you mean?" I ask her. She looks at me with a calm yet terrified expression and says " We found the people responsible for the attack on Baba and Akhi, they come from Alcastan Prince Aariz." The words hit me like I've just been slapped across my face. I stand up straight and I tell her " I do not understand what you are saying right now. But I will excuse you for your behaviour just because you have gone through a lot." I turn and walk towards the door. When I'm almost at the door I turn and say "But remember this Princess, Don't come after something you can't control. If you do remember that I will come for you."

"