until i found you

~
As we sat ourselves down at the aquabus, I saw Charlotte running over to us. "Oh my god, what a coincidence to run into you two again! Where's Lynette, Lyney?" Charlotte exclaimed, as both me and Lyney waved her a hello. "Ah, Charlotte, what a pleasant surprise to be running into you today. Lynette's currently at a cafe, as usual." Lyney flashed Charlotte a warm smile. "So... what's your business with Y/N today?" She inquired, sitting down next to me. Before I could answer myself, Lyney replied, "A date." Charlotte's eyes dilated, "Serious?! I never knew the renowned magician of Fontaine and the almighty traveler would be in that relationship status."
"Wait– Charlotte it's not like that–"
"Oh come on, Traveler! Don't be so shy about it, this is like the best place you can go to for love!"
"Charlotte, me and Lyney are just going out on a platonic date. Nothing more, nothing less– Also, see Lyney, it's not just me who thinks that Fontaine is meant for lovers." I looked at Lyney mockingly. "Well, I guess you win on that one. And who knows, maybe this date could be more than just platonic."
"Are you trying to imply something here?!"
"Just saying~"
"Your charm has no effect on me."
"Ma luciole, come on now, we both know it does."
"Ok, ok, maybe we should talk about something else?" Charlotte quickly stops our bickering before it intensified. "Thank you, Charlotte." I flashed Lyney a side-eye. "And what did I do wrong?" Lyney scoffed. "I– there you two go again! To change the topic, how was Lyney's recent show, Y/N? I saw you at the latest article released by the Steambird. I was not able to go myself, so if you don't mind me asking, how was the show in your eyes?" Charlotte smiled. "Ah yes, ma luciole, how was it?" Lyney smirked playfully. "Delightful as always, but I wanted to ask why you used forget-me-nots in your performance, Lyney?""Well, forget-me-nots symbolize true love and respect. Forget-me-nots were the only flower I knew the meaning of that would relate to my roleplay, so I used those. Plain, regular red roses were just too boring in my opinion." Lyney scratched the back of his neck. "Is that so?" Charlotte took out her notebook, jotting down quick notes. "Hey! Who said you were allowed to take notes of this?" His tongue poked his inner cheek. "Is it that confidential?" She looked at Lyney with a confused expression. "It's just– Oh, why, we finally arrived at our stop! Thanks for the company Charlotte, but me and the Traveler better get going." Lyney grabbed my wrist as we got off the aquabus. "I– bye Charlotte!" I waved her goodbye.
"Not to be rude to your best friend or anything, ma luciole, but she is quite the chatterbox." Lyney let go of my wrist to breathe from the sudden rush of energy. "I guess that really is just the nature of journalists." My hand brushed against his. "Ah, sorry, ma luciole." He intertwined his fingers with mine. "We're still gonna hold hands?"
"Are you uncomfortable?"
"No– I'm just not used to it." We walked down the bustling streets of Fontaine, occasionally stopping by some stores.
"Do you think this looks good on me?" I've been eyeing this ring since the moment I arrived in Fontaine. It was a pair of matching rings of the sun and moon. "Who's gonna wear the other ring?" Lyney questioned. "My future lover, if I ever get one." I joked. "I'm sure you'll be able to get one, ma luciole. You're quite the sweetheart after all." His hands rubbed against mine, still holding hands. "Oh, come on, I doubt it. I won't be buying the ring anyway. I need to save mora for future travels." I sighed heavily, eyes locked on the glistening jewelry. "Want me to buy it for you?" Lyney looked at me as he smiled softly. "What, no way! I'll feel guilty if I let you buy it for me. It's like 50,000 mora. I don't even know if I'll ever find a lover." My eyes nictate from his suggestion. He chuckled, "Oh, come on now. If it's for a dear friend of mine, let alone that friend being you, I'm more than open to buy the things that you want. The Fatui can cover for my lack of mora if I ever run out."
"Well, you're not exactly wrong, but that doesn't mean I'm allowing you to buy it for me! It's so pathetic of me to allow you to do as such." I looked down at the ground in a state of pure embarrassment. "Ma luciole, if I may ask, is this something you've wanted for quite a while? Be honest with me."
"Well, it's a ring that I've set my eyes on the moment I arrived at Fontaine, but I knew it was part of my roster of miscellaneous items that won't help me in the future."
"But do you like it?" Lyney interrupted my sudden word outburst. "Of course I do. The sun and moon are my favorite astrological elements. I've always looked up at them when I feel lost." I replied with a small sigh. "I think buying something for the sole reason that you like it is already beautiful enough, especially because someone else in the future will get to have the other pair. It's meaningful to you as well. Everything we'll buy today will be my treat." Lyney pulled out his wallet, and god it was filled to the brim with mora. We ended up buying the ring, and I immediately put it on the moment it was claimed as mine. A wide, warm smile was written on my face. "See? You look much happier now that you have the ring. You have to treat yourself sometimes too, you know. It's important to buy things you want to in order to uplift your motivation." His hands tightened around mine. "Thank you, Lyney. I'll repay you the money tomorrow, ok?"
"Ah– no need to do so. Think of it as a gift from me." I could feel the warmth of his body increase. He really is an endearing guy. 

(A/N: It hasn't even been a week that this book has been released, YET WE REACHED 100 READS ALR. IM SHOCKED TO SAY THE LEAST!!! TYSM FOR 100 READS! this is my first committed genshin fanfic so i rlly appreciate the support so far ^^! )