Gone...☁️

**********

Hailey called Jeremy immediately she arrived her father's large cabin. Cell service was better on this part of the mountain and she was grateful for that. The pilot arrived not long after to take her back home. He was a bit worried because she wasn't supposed to call him to take her home until the new year. He had tried asking her if she was okay but she only smiled brightly at him with closed eyes and brushed it off. She kept saying she was fine.

But she knew all too well that she was far from it...

It didn't take long before the helicopter landed on the helipad of one of her father's many companies. From there she found herself in a car, taking her back to her father's Mansion. Throughout the ride home, she was in a sort of daze. Her mind kept replaying what had transpired between her and the vampire ever since their first accidental encounter. She felt a tear slip from her right eye and she hurriedly wiped it away so as not to worry the driver. She just wanted to be left alone.

The maids and workers of the mansion greeted her as she stepped out of the black sedan that had brought her. She gave each of them the best smile she could muster and quietly walked into the familiar mansion, not even sparing a glance at the beautiful decorations placed in preparation for Christmas.

She climbed up the curved staircase and turned left towards her own room. It was like her mind was on autopilot and she was sure she didn't even hear a word Mr. Hugh, her butler had said when he'd welcomed her home. She slumped onto her soft baby blue bedsheets and sighed once she curled herself into a ball.

She felt her eyes sting and hot tears began to flow as she sniffled repeatedly over her broken heart. She couldn't believe she'd told him she loved him only to be met with silence in return. She never wanted to speak to him again.

------(✿⁠)-------

When her silent cries died down, she picked up her phone to check the time and almost shrieked when she discovered it was already late at night. How long had she been crying?

Mika!

She sat up and checked her notifications.

"9 missed calls from Mika...."

"13 messages from Mika...."

MIKA: Are you okay?....

17: 36...

MIKA: Did you get mauled by a bear or something???....

6: 09...

MIKA: Answer my texts....

12: 47...

MIKA: Hailey!!!!.... What's going on?

9: 54...

And many others asking if she was okay throughout the days she hadn't touched her phone while in the mountains. She had worried her best friend and felt a pang of guilt. She immediately dialed her number.

"Oh!!.... So now you call me?... What's up, Hay?" Hailey heard her best friend's voice from the other side of the phone.

"Hi...." She said quietly.