Through It All...◍

*******

     Hailey had been different since Cordelia almost strangled her to death. The dark truth behind her words haunted her and kept her up at night. She felt doubt creep into her heart whenever she gazed at Laito. She hated it that the woman was right. She couldn't live as long as he did and it sucked... Alot.

Laito knew that something was bothering Hailey but she wasn't telling him anything. Everytime he asked, she said it was nothing and smiled brightly at him. He saw the sadness in her eyes whenever she spaced out and it was eating at him to just force the truth out of her.

"I don't know what to do, Mika..." Hailey spoke into the phone with tears in her eyes as she tried to hold in her sobs. She'd told Mika about those haunting words and her best friend just listened. She didn't say a thing while she listened to the human cry about her insecurities. Her silence was unusual. Like she knew something but wasn't telling.

"If there was a way to stay with Laito, I'd take it.... Anything to be with him..." Hailey sobbed in her bathroom. She sounded desperate. The servants didn't wander around her room very often and her father was rarely home so she wasn't worried about anyone hearing her cry.

"Even if it meant giving up your humanity?....". Mika finally spoke in a serious tone.

Hailey froze. What was her best friend trying to tell her? She clutched the phone and asked,

"Is there a way?!.... Tell me... Please!... I want to know..." She begged. Mika sighed on the other end of the call and continued to speak,

"There is one way.... But.... You will have to talk to Laito about it...". Mika concluded and further explained what she meant.

After their very long phone call, Hailey sat in her bathtub to think about what she had said.

Turning into a vampire.....

She'd have to turn into one of his kind. The kind that craves blood from others. It sounded almost impossible but she decided she'd talk to Laito about it. But if she turned into a vampire, she'd have to leave her father behind. Eventually, he would die and she would still live for decades and decades or even a century.

Was this really the best and only option?....

She had to try something. Thinking about leaving her father was painful. She wondered if she would have to explain it to him. Maybe she could convince him to become a vampire so he'd live long. She doubted he'd accept to do so. He had lost his wife twelve years ago and truthfully, he still loved and mourned her death. She closed her eyes and sighed. She'd ask Laito tomorrow.

 She'd ask Laito tomorrow