A Good boy

The ride towards downtown Seoul was short. After they arrived, Park Taejon immediately got out of the car and walked inside the empty building a few feet away from him. He did his best to conceal his presence.

Not long after, he heard someone's footsteps following him. His senses immediately became alert. He turned and was surprised that it was Park Jimin. He eyed his watch and realized that it was ten minutes before the agreed time.

"I was not expecting that you will be this early." He stated as his eyes roamed around the place. According to one of his men, his people are surrounding this place. Because of this, Park Taejon's confidence increased. "Where is she?"

As if on cue, a man wearing a blue suit arrived with Park Minjung... in chains. These action immediately made him fumed. "How dare you do that to your mother?" he asked as he tried to walk towards Park Minjung.

"Move one step towards her and you are dead." He heard Park Jimin uttered. His cold voice made him freeze. He shifted his gaze at the man and sneered.

"You? Kill me? Park Jimin... you are still a child. You know nothing." He said. However, he also halted his steps. He eyed Park Jimin's gun and scoff. "Do you even know how to shoot?"

Ignoring his question, Park Jimin walked towards him. His steps silent against the concrete flooring of the building. "Aren't you going to ask me why I am giving her to you?"

"Well... I know that you hate her." Park Taejon said, impatience flashed in his eyes. "Does it even matter? Since you already said that you will give her to me. Then do it! Let's not waste our time talking."

"Is that right?" Park Jimin cocked his head towards his mother. "You know... they are against this decision. They said it's risky."

In response, Park Taejon pursed his lips. His temper flared as he raised his gun and pointed it at Park Jimin. "I said stop talking and give her to me!"

"So impatient. Tell me... Park Taejon, are you going to flee after this?" the smile on Park Jimin's face immediately gave Park Taejon an ominous feeling.

"If you do something crazy and call the police... I will blow up this place. This building will become our graves!" He threatened. "Now... be a good boy and give me my wife!"

A sneer escaped Park Jimin's lips as he stared at him unfazed.

"She's not your wife." Park Jimin calmly said.

"That's only because your father kidnapped her! He stole her from me!"

"You know that is not true!" Park Minjung chimed in. She sent a disgusting look at Park Taejon. "There is no way that I will like you no matter what you do!"

"See?" Park Taejon gestured towards Park Minjung, his eyes turned towards Park Jimin. "My Minjung... used to be so sweet and... kind and gentle! Look what happened after your father took her? She had become... like this after your father took her!"

Disbelief flashed in her eyes. How could someone live in his own world and act like this?

"Give her to him," Park Jimin's cold voice surprised both Park Minjung and Park Taejon. Silence followed his words as Park Taejon almost ran towards her, elation apparent in his face.

However, before he could reach her, a loud bang echoed. Slowly, he felt his leg ached before he lost his balance and fell on the floor. The thought of being shot immediately made Park Taejon react. He tried to raise his gun to shoot Park Jimin but the man holding Park Minjung was quick to disarm him. "What are you doing?" he glared at Park Jimin. "I could blow this..."

"Oh... shut up!" the loud sound of metal clanking followed Park Minjung's words. She walked towards Park Jimin's side. "Fool." She uttered.

"What..." Park Taejon's face turned ugly as he realized that they played him. Seeing Park Minjung in chains made him think that Park Jimin was serious in giving him his mother. He glared at Park Jimin, venom laced his eyes. "You tricked me!"

Park Jimin knew that Park Taejon was unstable. He knew that the easiest way to manipulate him was using his mother, so he took advantage of this and used his mother as bait. "You used your mother to trick me! How dare you!?" In Park Taejon's mind, Park Jimin was a monster for using her mother like this. "How could you... She abandoned you? Why are you still protecting her?" he asked.

"I'm not." park Jimin shrugged and approached him, his gun still pointed at Park Taejon's head. "You have been disturbing my peace lately. I still have a weeding to enjoy and bring my wife back to South Korea but I can't do because you're still alive." Right now, all Park Jimin wanted was to fly to London and retrieve Roseanne.

Park Taejon stared at him, speechless. So he was not protecting his mother, but is only upset that Park Taejon bothered him? What kind of reasoning is this?

"So..." Park Jimin continued. "How does it feel?" He squatted near him and watched as blood flow from his wounded leg. "How does it feel to almost grasp... your dream?"

Park Jimin smiled when he saw Park Taejon's pupils dilate. "This is how to feels to have something taken from you... Mr. Park." He said. "You know what is more painful than that wound?"

Park Taejon opened his mouth, yet no words came.

"It's the fact that you almost got her, held her in your arms. Almost... that is a very painful word." Park Jimin said. "If I won't kill you now... I am sure that you will have nightmares of what happened today until the day you die."

"Kill me?" Park Taejon sneered. "My men are outside! Waiting for me... If they will not see me come out in twenty minutes... they — they will blow up this place!"

"What men?" Park Jimin asked. "Oh..." he shifted his gaze towards the entrance. "You mean them?"

It was as if a cold bucket of water was poured inside Park Taejon as he watched his men being dragged by men that he did not recognize. He scowled. "You useless piece of shit! You are all useless! I should have just killed you when I had the chance! Useless!" At this point, if Park Taejon regretted something that is only not gathering more useful people on his side before coming in here. He had truly underestimated Park Jimin.

Of course, he still thought that this situation was Park Jimin's fault and not his. He shifted his vile glare at him. "You caused this! You ruined everything!"

However, Park Jimin only snorted and looked at his mother. "Is he really this... crazy? Or today was an exception?"

Park Minjung nodded. "His father refused to address this issue. He was never diagnosed with a mental disorder, but... everyone in the family knew that he had one."

"I'm not crazy, you little bitch!" he cursed. Realizing that he just cursed to Park Minjung, Park Taejon's eyes widened. "I — Minjung... I apologize. I did not mean to say that. Please don't be mad Minjung... it won't happen again, alright?"

Park Jimin shook his head as he heard Park Taejon continue to plead. He stood and walked towards his mother. "What are you planning to do with him?"

She shrugged. "Just kill him but don't let his dirty blood on your hand, Jimin." She eyed Park Taejon before letting out a sigh. "Listen... about Roseanne...I hope... when this is done... I will get to meet her in person." she said, her voice lowered.

***
The time is getting closer to say goodbye to this story.