Reason four ; III

A/N;

LMAO, I love how
half the readers are
huge Hange lovers,
and half absolutely
DESPISE it whenever
there's a romantic
moment with Hange HAHAH

Dw to all my Levi lovers, the
next few chapters after this
are all about him🥰🥰

also how is it possible to
not like hange, they're
literally my pookie bear 😍🤞🤞
(i swear that was a joke)

anyways, love ya'll <33

WITH THE SMELL OF SPIRITS INTOXICATING YOUR NOSE, you finished the last bite of your meal at the pub Hange had recommended.

It was an old-fashioned pub with a small, wooden-dance floor at the edge; different young-couples danced happily whilst singing along to the guitar and piano Melodies being performed. You could hear the 'click-clack' of shoes against the floor that followed the fast-paced songs; people cheered joyfully at the end of each song, 'whooping' with wide and happy smiles. Their excitement and enthusiasm was contagious.

Hange's eye stayed fixed on the couples dancing together, nodding their head to the rhythm of the guitar as their fingertip tapped to the piano.

You leant back into your chair, your hands on top of your stomach as you felt your lips curl up at the sight of them so lost in thought.

They glanced down at the table, letting out a depressed sigh as their beam softened into something almost sad: a bitter-sweet expression.

You cocked your head, "What is it?"

Hange raised their brow, unsure on what you were referring to.

"Your smile.." You frowned, gesturing towards their lips: "Why do you look so sad?"

A little alert that you even noticed: you watched their eye widen, their lips parting before they immediately shut their mouth with a bashful expression. They swayed their head to the side to glance away, tucking a strand of auburn-brunette hair behind their ear sheepishly.

"This-.." They hesitated as you noticed their muscles tense, "This song: I recognise it. It was one of Moblit's favourites - we used to come to this pub all of the time."

You immediately began to regret asking, realising that this might be a sensitive subject.
"Hange- I'm sorry.."

"No, no! Please," They offered another bashful smile, waving their hands lowly, "Don't apologise, especially when you've done nothing wrong."

You sighed, your eyes now slowly trickling down onto your lap as you ran your hand down your thighs, beginning to awkwardly play with your fingertips.

You couldn't even remember your last conversation with Moblit: mostly, because you had no idea it would be your last conversation. You could only assume it was about the Scouts, or Levi, or maybe it was about the trip you had taken with your friends just before being asked to return to Lord Wald.

You would never know.

It was the same with all of your friends that had passed.