Chapter 10

His tears fell down his face while gliding towards Sasha's now empty house, the young gargoyle trembling from the fact that his new and only friend here in this big country was gone and he was alone again. Brooklyn knew he had to get out of here before Yegor found out what happened and decided to take him back.

Upon arriving at the house, he swallowed, going over to the door and went in, having to hurry before the cops arrived here, going to find his bag that she gave him.

"I hope you don't mind me taking some food on my trip with me, Sasha." Brooklyn murmured, wiping his eyes as he held his bag against his chest, seeing the spot where Sasha's body fell after that bastard shot his friend.

He packed food that didn't need to be refrigerated such as bread, fruits, etc, and with a slice of ham from the fridge to have dinner for later. After looking around one more time, Brooklyn gave a heavy sigh and left the house, closing the door behind him, shouldering his bag over his shoulder and took off from the roof in an eastern direction, but had no idea where he was gonna end up.

....

After gliding for most of the night past the town of Yakutsk, Brooklyn managed to reach the utmost wilderness where no towns were around, the wind howling around him from the winter weather. Brooklyn shut his eyes from the fierce wind biting his skin that felt so cold, praying some kind of warm solution would come his way, wrapping his arms around himself to try and keep warm while gliding.

I hope I can make it home, but dunno where the heck I'm goin', Brooklyn thought to himself, as he eventually spotted a sheltered enough tree to sleep for the day in, knowing he had to rest eventually for his long trek through the rest of Russia, and hopefully find a friendly face to help him on his way.

As he climbed into the hole in the tree roots, he settled his achy body in for a day's sleep, readying for his stone changing, though when seeing his tail, Brooklyn trembled again at the idea of other horrible people who maybe lived in this forest to come and do away the rest of him while asleep.

"Don't think about it, just sleep," Brooklyn murmured softly in sadness, relaxing, and eating his ham from his bag, taking a drink of water and rubbing his arms, teeth chattering, longing for the nice warm summer days of New York. Living in bitter cold like this all the time just wasn't his way of feeling like home.

Soon his inner clock told Brooklyn it was time to change into stone, and Brooklyn closed his eyes as his stone skin crept up his body and covered up his face, right as a couple snowflakes began to fall, signaling a blizzard. Other animals in the forest had no idea about this new creature that was there, most of them were busy hibernating or struggling to survive.

...

Nightfall came again, and Brooklyn broke out of his stone sleep, roaring weakly, mostly from the cold, and felt the snow in his hair that had gathered on him while sleeping. Guess this tree hole hadn't been that protective against the elements. Stretching and eating some more of his food, Brooklyn clambered out only to face against a whole blizzard in the woods.

Brooklyn swallowed. He didn't feel brave enough to glide in these conditions, still weak and shivery as he was right now, holding his bag against his chest to keep his supplies and chest warm, wrapping his wings around himself, and beginning to trudge through the snow through the trees, hoping for some kind of civilization or sign to get him back to the states.

The icy wind hit his sensitive skin, the wind whipping his hair against his face. Brooklyn shivered more violently; afraid he wouldn't last long in this treacherous snowy forest. "S-so c-c-cold..." Brook complained, kneeling in the snow drift, hugging his body ever so tight, afraid to pass out from it should he never wake.