«Chapter 13: 'I'm sorry.'»

A few weeks had passed. A whole month nearly,
Ranboo now had more duties as 'Acting King' and He also had Micheal to look after..
Though, Tubbo was handling that pretty-well on his own.. and Tommy, Yeahh.. remember him?, he even helped out.
Ranboo was currently in their room, finishing some papers and reading documents given to him on the progress of the kingdom's re-growth.. they were still on that, though.. not like you can re-build a whole kingdom in a week alone..

He was finishing the last few papers before he got a knock, getting up, Ran made their way to the door;
Wilbur stood at the door, a scroll in hand, And a crow on his shoulder.
"Wilbur!- Are you okay?-" they asked, titling their head, as their crown tilted slightly.
Wilbur was silent, seeming almost in a stunned silence.. his breathing was slightly faster too.

A cause for concern, as he handed Ranboo the scroll. "I'm.. So sorry Ranboo." The musician mumbled, head down, his words spoken slowly.
Ranboo held the scroll. Before dropping it. The parchment hitting the ground with a silent thud.

_-__-__-__-__-__-_Meanwhile_-__-__-__-__-_

The battle. It hasn't been expected this early-on. Though a war, at most, or even a simple quarrel would be expect.. Their first-plan was to make peace with the neighbouring kingdom of DreamSMP, It appears.. That wasn't their plan.
Arrows flied, and Bodies Fell, Swords were swung and Blood splattered.
"To your left!-" Exclaimed Philza, As an enemy charged at his son. Swift and Quickly, Technoblade raised his sword as Slashed through the attacker.
Philza looked around, Before going to take place in the sky. It was safer to help from above, than risk a sword in the back from the ground.
"Be careful! I'll keep an eye out," He called, as The Pigman nodded.

The fight dragged-on, it appeared they were winning, an arrows pierced through the Pigman's cloak, Causing Gashes on the fabric.
Any that hit his skin, he pulled out and fired back, A simple regeneration potion.
On that note, the King flew. His dark-grey wings extended as he glided over the fight, Throwing potions of regeneration to teammates, and Firing arrows at the opposing Soldiers.
He smiled, "A little Longer everyone! Hold out, fall back if need!-" there was a silence. A pause.
Technoblade looked to the sky as he heard a shout. "PHIL!-" he shouted, Running towards where the man fell, as Solders lost focus at the unexpected sight. "Sir-" some we're stabbed from the distraction, some opposing soldiers stopped to stare.

Philza Fell to the ground, his wings failing him as tipped arrows from nowhere stabbed through the bone and muscle with ease.. He felt his body weakening.
"PHIL!-" he heard, looking up with a winced as he moved. A sword suddenly appearing, aimed towards the back of his throat.
"Ah-Ah, Stay there." The voice hummed, echoing.
Technoblade paused. "Huh.. You actually made it to your own fight-" He commented.
Dream laughed, "I did. It's only right." He scoffed, Pushing the sword closer. "Bit of trouble Flying Mr.Minecraft?" He smiled, as Phil looked at him. "I take it you fired those arrows-" he muttered, hugging as an effect slowly drained his body of any strength remaining.. Dream clicked his tongue, "Hm, Bingo. But not just any arrows, I'm not that plain. Poison-tipped arrows. Adds to the pain, right?"

Phil coughed, "Yeah."
Techno interrupted their talk, "Right." He walked closer, as Dream raised an eyebrow. "Remove your sword from it's place against his neck, You won't kill him. This threat is-"
There was a loud cry, an a wince of pain from the blonde man, his hat falling and wings faltering to stay up. "Won't I?" The masked-man asked, the sword dripping with the crimson liquid it'd been stained with.
"Cause right now." And another cry. Another stab. "It looks like I will." He shrugged,
"PHIL-" techno went to fire an arrow at dream, as Philza raised a hand. "No. Techno, Don't." He ordered, the warrior lowering his Bow.. Hesitantly.
Dream let-out a chuckle. "Smart call, Very smart.. So.." he looked around, eyes darting to lifeless corpses and the flying arrows around them.
"Quite the mess we have here.." he hummed, singing. "Was this the plan? Ambush us? After my little accident at your kingdom-"

"Little accident?? It was straight-up terrorism Dream!" The man exclaimed. His pink hair flowing as the wind picked up, almost like magic.. And messy from his movements as he shouted. "You entered our kingdom, Injured the people, destroyed and burned the town, and then almost killed someone-" He scoffed, "That's what you call a 'little accident'?!" He questioned, clearly not expecting the answer which was so obviously lined-up before them all.
"Haha.. Oh, Yes, I suppose it was a little more than an accident.. But still? I see no harm, no one actually died and you're obviously going to be re-building.. Are you not?" He asked, tilting his head, "Well-"
"You know. The problem with you Origins-Kingdom Dwellers.. is that your not very smart. The whole point of that 'accident' was to get you to come get me. Or even try and 'negotiate' with us-" he stabbed the sword through Philza's side. "And just look, at where that's gotten us.." He laughed. "I couldn't be happier with the outcome." He looked at Phil, a small side-glance as he unbuckled his mask, pulling it down and hit the floor. "Not sure about you lot though." He muttered. "Oh well, It'll be fine."

Technoblade sighed, going to speak as the Elytrian beat him to it. "We can leave. There should be no point in this fight, hostility was not the whole plan-"
Dream smiled, "Really? Huh, that's always our plan." He hummed, thinking, before clicking his tongue again.. clearly thinking. "Oh! Well.. perhaps we can negotiate!" He laughed, "You all leave. Every last one of you. And no one will be hurt.. anyyymore than they already are, that is.." He tilted his head, "Hm? Sound good?"
Technoblade stared, it was clearly a lie.
He knew of dream too well. This wasn't the whole deal, he-
"Fine. You have a deal." The king spoke, coughing from the internal-bleeding he was currently fighting with. "Philza! One moment-"
"Ah, too late! Deals been made." He smiled, "Shoo, Go on." He flapped his hand, in a dismissal way.

Philza managed to get up, with some aggressive assistance from Dream as TechnoBlade helped him stand. "We're retreating? But-"
"Techno.. It's fine. We can't risk more unnecessary injury." He explained, as they walked.
Suddenly, Potions landed around them, as the men coughed loudly at the sudden attack. "Phil! Are you okay?-.." Silence..
A loud. Painful silence. Followed by a longer silence. And then a thud.
"PHIL!" Techno cried-out, running to the man as he laid there, coughing and staining the ground.

Techno looked up, as did those who stared, as Dream stood there. Mask on, Bow no-longer retracted, and that smirk was clear.
Even with the mask.
"A little reminder of today. Till next time Blade." He waved,
"Come back!-" TechnoBlade exclaimed, charging at dream, who disappeared almost instantly..
Techno paused, before hitting the frown and throwing his sword at the spot he disappeared in, incase it was an invisibility potion.
"Damn EnderPearl trap!" He shouted, running to Phil. "Hey? Hey? Phil!" He scoffed, "Phil!"
Phil smiled at the warrior who stood before him, at his son. "Don't smile at me like that Phil." He cried out, as the people swarmed and a group of crows circled and landed before them.
This.. wasn't how it was meant to go, nor end.

•-|A/N|-•
Soooo.. Welcome. Welcome!
Ummm.. I actually updated?? I know, shocker..
Really sorry, motivation's a bitch, but welcome to the new chapter.
As always, I hope you enjoyed this chapter, as much as you can. I'm not sure if it's better or worse than the last one, that's for you guys to decide. Ty for reading -🚂
•-|End of A/N|-•