Chapter 19. Unspoken Affection

~ 3RD PERSON OMNISCIENT ~

Lily's eyes fluttered open, and her eyes widened in surprise to see herself wrapped around Pranav, cocooned in a sweet embrace. Pranav slept peacefully in her arms and legs. Their faces were just inches apart. Her heart raced. She slowly unwrapped herself from him, making sure not to wake him up. The gentle cold breeze from the window brushed Pranav's hair gently. Her heart skipped a beat. Time seemed to slow down like eternity as she admired watching him sleep.

Her heart swelled with affection as she remembered the way he lifted her up. She couldn't help but smile at his sweet gesture, understanding her discomfort, as she leaned in, brushing her lips softly against his cheek.

Pranav's fingers responded instinctively to her touch. Her heart raced as he stirred from his slumber. His eyelids fluttered open. A sense of uncertainty washed over his eyes. He felt a sensation on his cheek where he rested his hand.

Pranav caught Lily next to her, gazing at him nervously. "Did you do something?" Lily's heart pounded as she nervously shook her head. "Did you just kiss me on my cheek?"

Lily's cheeks blushed, a soft pinkish hue on her cheeks. Without hesitation, she leaned in for another peck, but this time, on his temple. Pranav's cheeks turned red.

"I just can't find a way to show my love and affection for you when you lift me up." Lily smiled as she continued. "That's why I decided to shower you with my kisses."

He hesitated to respond a bit but he nodded with a smile. "Okay, just five minutes, that's it." He pressed his words. Lily couldn't contain her happiness as she left a trail of delicate kisses on his face. First, she planted quick kisses on his cheeks, one after another. Then she moved on to his forehead and then to his soft ears. He closed his eyes, lost in the sensation. She gently brushed her lips on the tip of his nose.

"Will you....." Her tone was hesitant but it radiated an unspoken desire. "Allow me to explore you more?" His heart skipped a beat. As he gazed at her eyes, he whispered. "Yeah..."

Her kisses trailed down his neck. He gasped at her touch, realizing that it was one of his sensitive spots. Lily, who discovered it like a treasure, continued to shower him with delicate kisses on his neck.

Pranav felt as if she was tickling him with her lips. He chuckled but he quickly switched places as he took control. Her eyes widened at his action. He brushed a strand of her hair and pecked her left cheek and then her right cheek. Lily smiled but decided to take control again. "You said that I could have you for five minutes but you're stealing my precious time." Once she spoke, she returned back to her place, taking control of him.

Their lips were just inches apart this time. An undeniable attraction charged the air, making the atmosphere electrified.

"Lily, what are we doing?"

"I don't know."

Both of their hearts pounded with nervousness and anticipation. Pranav gently wrapped his arms around her neck, a soft signal to move closer, as she moved closer to him. They moved impossibly closer, their bodies pressing and their lips almost brushing. Pranav felt the hot breaths of Lily on his face which sent chills down his spine. Lily mumbled, her eyes burning with desire. "Can I?" He gazed into her eyes for eternity but closed his eyes now, a soft signal for her to proceed.

Before their lips could meet, their tender, sweet, yet tense moment was interrupted by the clearing of a throat. They froze as both of their eyes widened in shock. They slowly turned their heads to see Lily's mother staring at them with a mischievous smile. Both quickly stood up and sat on the bed. Their faces were flushed with deep red.