Encounter With the Killer Plant

Once the trauma trio made their way into the next room, there was a strange flower with a smiling face sitting in the center of the room to greet them. Upon seeing this face, Nancy lost her shit.

"AAAAHH! HENRY, HOLD ME," she screamed, dropping the telephone and attempting to dramatically fall into Henry's arms. Henry responded to this by becoming incorporeal again and just letting Nancy fall through him to the ground with a thud. For a split second, the flower's expression changed from cheer to disgust, then back to cheer in the blink of an eye.

"Oh, golly! Didn't mean to startle you! I should introduce myself," said the flower.

"Wait, what's going on? Who's talking? They sound obnoxious," said Frances, who technically wasn't in the room at all and could only hear what was going on through the telephone.

"Hey... don't say that to someone you just met! That's awfully rude... anyway, howdy! I'm Flowey. Flowey the flower! And who might you two– three be?"

"Well!" exclaimed Nancy, picking herself up off the floor and dusting herself off, "my name is Nancy Elsner! And this is my darling husband Henry~," she said, putting emphasis on the word "darling" while glaring at Henry.

"And, he's... he's dead?" asked Flowey, sounding incredibly confused. Humans weren't supposed to work like that! They didn't have ghosts, not in this world!

"As a doornail," Henry said dejectedly, shaking his head.

"Such a shame all of us aren't dead. We'd never have to be alone again," sighed Frances wistfully.

"Ahaha... and who's the lady on the phone?" Flowey asked, tilting his head to the side.

"I'm–"

"She's an abusive bitch who has the audacity to call herself Henry's mother," hissed Nancy. Flowey grinned in what is the herbage equivalent of the "sweating smile" emoji.

"Well, with introductions aside... Nancy, since you're the only one who's physically, ah, present, I think I oughta teach you how things work around here! I take it you're pretty new to the Underground..."

"Well, yes, I did get here about 5 minutes ago. But, what's so different about this place from the world up top? Er, maybe 'surface' would be a better word for it..."

"Hee hee! Well, I'll tell you what's so different! See, down here, there are a few key things to know–"

Flowey has initiated a FIGHT.

Henry gasped. "Woah, the world is all–"

"Black and white and black and white and black and white and black and white..." began Nancy, who seemed to be in a near trance.

"–I was gonna say 'monochrome,' actually," Henry responded in a deadpan manner. Flowey just kinda hesitated, confused. These people were absolute nutjobs, it seemed. Then, he picked back up where he left off.

"Um... anyway! A few key things to know! See that deep blue heart, Nancy? That is your SOUL, the very culmination of your being! It starts off weak, but you can make it stronger by gaining lots of LV."

"Oh! Neat! ...What's LV stand for..?" inquired Nancy.

"Why, LOVE, of course! Don't you want some LOVE?" responded Flowey, clearly quite eager to "teach" Nancy the basics. Nancy was absolutely falling for it, nodding her head giddily. Frances, on the other hand, was not falling for it one bit.

"Ugh, love is nothing but a waste," she said, audibly rolling her eyes. Nancy responded by picking up the telephone and drop kicking it across the room. It teleported right back in front of her.

"Wow, what a killjoy," Flowey mumbled before promptly switching back to his default chipper facade. "Anyhoo! Down here, LOVE is shared through..." Flowey summoned a few bullets. "Little white... 'friendliness pellets.' Go ahead! Move around; collect them all!"

"...Friendliness pellets," Henry repeated. He was getting pretty incredulous now, too. Meanwhile, Nancy was elated, and frankly she was the only one who was alive/present enough to matter. She ran after the bullets, and upon catching one in her hands, was immediately hurt so severely that she could've keeled over at any moment. Flowey's grin turned so, so very sinister.

"Hee hee hee... you idiot. Did you really think I would pass up an opportunity like this?"

He surrounded Nancy with bullets.

"WAIT, Flowery! Don't! If she's killed, I'll have to deal with her in the afterlife–"

"DIE."

The bullets began closing in.