How it was found

"My family and I moved in a month ago from New York because my dad had a job offer here and we were just getting to know our new place. And we all were so happy and everything was just fine... Until there was a small chest near our house. My little sister was the one who found it," April explained while shaking in fear.

  "Mommy! Daddy! Look what I found! It is a red box!" Sammy said, who was April's little sister. Sammy had short black hair and she was wearing a lovely blue dress that she loved to wear all the time.

April's mom had short brown hair and she was wearing a red shirt and blue pants. April's mother bent down to Sammy's height and gently took hold of the small chest while smiling at her younger daughter. April's mom looked closely at the chest and the chest had a deep red color and a few metal parts which were a dark gray.

Soon her mom asked her husband, "Hey, honey have you ever seen this chest before?"

Her dad had black short hair and he was wearing a deep blue suit that he uses for work and he also had his glasses on. April's dad soon took hold of the chest and looked at it. He even adjusted to see the chest better but he looked confused. He shook his head and said, "No, sorry. I had never seen this chest before. But maybe it is a gift from one of our neighbors."

  "But why didn't our neighbors give us the chest in person instead of leaving it near our house?" April asked who was washing the dishes in the kitchen.

April's dad nodded in agreement with April but soon her dad opened the chest just to see what was inside. But when the chest was open there was nothing inside. April's parents looked at each other confused.

Why would someone leave them an empty chest near their home?

April soon walked out of the kitchen and asked her parents what was inside the chest. They explained to her that there was nothing in it. Soon April also got confused but she did tell her parents that she could ask around their neighborhood about the chest. But her parents told her it wasn't necessary because it could be just kids doing a silly joke. They also decided to keep the chest because they could use it to put things like maybe mom's jewelry.