Chapter I: The Onii's Cloth, Part 1

Nanashi Mumei

Nanashi Mumei.
Age: As old as humanity's first breath.
Birthday: August 4th.
Height: 156cm/ (5'1)
Favorite emojis: 😶🪶👀😹

The sounds of rain began. A gentle drizzle, and the waves began to respond. What at first, one would consider 'tame', have seen nothing in comparison. The calmness of the waves, and it's oceanic rhythm, brought about a sense of adventure, and uncertainty; Much like the ocean itself. Rain disturbed the ocean's peace. The stillness of the water quickly turned into violent strokes, and the sky was suddenly engulfed by clouds of gray.

It's as the saying goes: Tough times create tough people.

"Mumei! Starboard side!!" Baelz shouted.
"Aye!" Mumei quickly turns the steering wheel left, in order to avoid colliding with rocks. The heavy rain and wind were not a combination you wanted in the middle of the ocean. Along with the rocks that spike up from beneath the ocean. The boat was beginning to flood with sea water, and Fauna noticed. The whole boat was rocking violently, and the sounds of the water beating against the hull were very loud. "Uuuuuhh, Bae?! We've got flooding down here!!!" Fauna shouted. "I knew we shouldn't have trusted that 'pirate'. This thing's got holes now!" Baelz exclaimed frustratingly.

"I'm starting to think this wasn't a good idea!" Sana shouted. The water that was flooding their boat, was up to the crew's ankles. "We cannot lose this boat! It took so long to build this thing!" Kronii shouted. "We need to patch the holes! Mumei, you're up!!" said Baelz. "I've got this!" Mumei replied. Captain Baelz assumed control of the helm, and lit a cigar. Mumei exited the helm room, and quickly rushed to the tool room to grab the repair kit. This repair kit had a variety of tools, including a welding tool, and mask. Mumei grabs the welding tool, and mask. She treads through the water, and kitchenware floating on top. As Mumei began to weld the holes shut, Kronii and Fauna grabbed buckets, and shoveled the water off the boat. "This all reminds me of a certain game about sailing through the oceans in search of treasure." Sana said. "Don't get comfy now! We're on the verge of sinking into the depths." says Captain Baelz.

As soon as all hope had seemed lost, Sana spotted an Island from afar. "There's land Captain!" Sana shouted. Baelz pulled out the binocular, and scouted the horizon. She finally spots the Island, and ordered the crew to prioritize traversal. "Sana! Kronii! Prepare to fly!" Baelz shouted. Sana steps down from the bird tower, and begins rigging the Wings of Wind. The Wings of Wind act like a sail, while also providing full range of movement. It is their ship's crowning marvel of ingenuity, and it's something they have modified their boat with to accomplish goals more often. It can't stop the rocks from putting holes in the boat though! "Is this the one?" Kronii asks. "Yes! I can recognize the shape, so this has to be the one!" Baelz replied.

However, upon looking at the island for a second time, Baelz felt hesitation.

The crew were headed to the Island of Boom. On the island, there were rumors of an ancient artifact, with the power to turn anything into gold. It is a cursed object, tied to dark magic. Captain Baelz was aware of this, but decided it was worth the risk.