¤Chapter Two: Intruder Alert¤

2nd POV

"Thanks for the ride, Kiri, but you didn't have to do that." You said while you were sitting in the passenger seat of Kirishima's car.

"Oh, please. You're like a little sister to me, Y/n." He says with a chuckle as he puts the car to park in the driveway of your house, "I'm always looking out for you. You get yourself into trouble, and sometimes, I gotta pull you out."

You playfully rolled your eyes and smiled as you got out of the car, "Whatever."

He follows you, of course.

You walked to the front porch with your keys and asked him, "You want something to drink, or are you just following me to make sure that I don't get jumped?"

He chuckles again and says, "Some lemonade with ice sounds good if you got any."

"Of course I do, I buy it anytime I do grocery shopping because I know how much you like it. You're practically an addict." You said as you unlocked the door and opened it before entering the house. You told him to close the door as you placed your keys down on the table stand near the front door as he closed it.

He smiles as he removes his tie to finally relax in the comforts of your home while staring at some framed photos of your family members, you and him when you first won the girl's boxing championship during your junior year in high-school. Your fishing trip with your grandfather while you were out of town. Even your prom photo with you in your beautiful dress, Kirishima, and a few other old classmates all grouped up together with big smiles and silly grins on their faces. He loved those memories. You practically grew up with him.

You opened the fridge after entering the kitchen and pulled out a two liter bottle of lemonade. Pink. You went to the cabinet to grab out two glass cups. You put some ice in them from the ice dispenser attached to your fridge and placed the cups on the counter.

Kirishima smiled at you as you poured the lemonade into each glass. He then says, "You know.. even after all of these years, you still haven't changed."

"What do you mean by that?" You snickered and said, "I think I've had some changes over my years since high school."

"Well, yeah, but I mean, you still have your competitive personality. That hasn't changed." He begins to chuckle and says, "And even if you do get busy with the paperwork, you still have that habit of being perfectionist. Honestly, I'm really glad to see how far you've come. You're one hell of a fighter."

His words really light the room with that positive attitude of his. That's something you love about this boulder-head. He always puts a smile on his face and keeps his chin up whenever things get ugly. You passed him his cup as you grabbed your own to take a sip. You let out a relaxed sigh and placed the cup down as you looked up at him with a cocky smile, "And I'll keep fighting."

He drinks some of his lemonade with a few gulps. It really was his favorite beverage to have on a sunny day. Now that you were feeling more at ease, he can bring up a casual conversation without you worrying about work, "How's your grandpa doing?"

"Still angry at my parents." You chuckled, "They're still trying to make it up to him."

"Seriously?" Your friend then lets out a small laugh and says, "Well, I mean, your dad did land on his good fishing net that he had for a long time. I'd be pretty upset if something like that happened to me, but I'm not sure if I'd hold onto a grudge for this long. Wait, how long has it been since it happened?"

"Uh, I think three months ago. Remember? My family invited us to a family barbeque, and my dad had too much to drink from my aunt's cocktails. At that point, he was just inhaling them." You snickered and mentioned, "My grandpa would not stop calling my dad a freaking retarded drunken bastard for breaking something that was older than him. 'It was practically an antique,' he said. And boy, did my grandpa smack my dad so hard upside the head and chased him with a golf club in the garage."