¤Chapter Three: New Guy¤

2nd POV

"So eager to learn about me already.." He chuckled some more, "Already obsessed with me on our first date."

You growled as you glared at your hallway, "Bring it on, you fucker."

"What a dirty mouth. I'll cut that tongue out and make sure you won't say another word before stabbing you." He says with a dark smile.

You slowly walked down the hallway with the gun in your hands.

The air was becoming more tense as you took each step. It was quiet. Too quiet. You couldn't even hear the shuffling anymore as you got closer to the first room, the guest bedroom. You slowly opened the door and stepped inside as you carefully switched on the light. You pointed the gun ahead of you as you looked around your surroundings. You looked behind your door, under the bed, opened your closet door, checked the guest bathroom, checked all the curtains, and there was no one.

Dammit.

You stepped back out to the hallway and walked down again.

"You're getting colder." He says.

You grit your teeth in anger as anxiety was building up within you. You kept walking.

"Warmer.." He mocks in a soothing tone.

You wanted to curse at him, but you had to keep quiet. You didn't want to give yourself away in a bad position.

"I have a question for you, officer.." He softly breathes, "What made you want to stay in a town like this, knowing that you'll never catch me? Is it for a friend? Family? Or do you just have a big heart that's pure as gold?"

You hear something break. It was coming from your bedroom.

Fuck.

You took a deep breath as you made your way to your room. You couldn't help but feel that your heart was beating faster.

"I see you~"

Your phone drops. You immediately shot two bullets at your bedroom door until you charged and kicked your door open to point your gun in front of you, "FREEZE!" Your eyes grew wide as you looked around with a soft pant.

Your closet door was creaking open.

You narrowed your eyes and shot at your closet next with another set of two bullets. You quickly approached the closet and pulled your hanging clothes out of the way.

Nothing. You were confused.

What the hell?

None of this made sense to you. Something was wrong.

You looked under your bed. Nothing. You ran to the bathroom and opened your shower curtain. Nothing. You felt your blood run thin. You sighed and rubbed your temple in frustration, wondering if you had gone crazy or not. You stepped to look at yourself in the mirror to try and regain your composure before coming back there.

But what you didn't realize was that the killer.. is standing behind the bathroom door.

Within these slow seconds, you see your door creaking and being pushed to closed until the actual killer is revealed.

Your eyes grew wide with horror before you quickly turned to dodge his blade at the last second. The knife gently scraped your skin upon your cheek, cutting off a few hair strands until your instincts kicked in. You grabbed his wrist to pull him close to you so you could kick him in the abdomen with your knee. You then let out a loud grunt and whack him upside the head with your gun. You made your escape and ran out of the bathroom.