Chapter 3: Not again

You know that feeling you get when you first wake up in the morning.. You know the slight daze and confusion because you were dreaming about something really pleasant like being on a beach in Cancun, or winning the lottery or something like that. And then you have to take a second to remind yourself it was just a dream.

Well, I was having one of those moments.

Morning light streamed in through my bedroom window, as I snuggled comfortably in bed. I smiled and let out a soft sigh, just waking up from a dream which I instantly forgot. But I felt content and relaxed so it must have been a good one. I slowly opened my eyes and yawned. But in a split second my yawn had turned into a gasp when the events of last night flooded into my mind.

"Oh god." I whispered quietly. That's a lie. I actually screamed it.

"FUCK. God damn it. WHY?" I moaned banging my head against the headboard. The realization of what I had done was crashing through me. There was no way I could go to school today. In fact, there was no way I could even participate in life today.

I was not ready to face anyone today, especially Mr. Taisley. My mind jumped to the worst conclusions and all of them ended with him finding out it was me who broke into his house. Or him having called the cops and them finding out it was me. Or anyone at all finding out what happened. Any way I looked at the situation I came up with one conclusion, I was fucked.

I could not believe I had been blackmailed into breaking into my teacher's house to kiss him.

I banged my head against the headboard as if it would knock the memories out of my mind. I needed some pills that would allow me to sleep the entire day and ignore my problems. Or something that would kill me. Yes I think I would like to die.

Before I could strategically plan my suicide, a loud knock came from my door.

"AVERY! I HEARD BANGING NOISES ARE YOU OKAY?" My mother yelled through the door. If I didn't already have a headache from the stress, her voice would have surely done it for me.

"WHY ARE WE YELLING, THAT'S MY QUESTION" I shot back sarcastically. I heard silence and retreating footsteps so I assumed she thought my retort meant I was fine. God I couldn't wait to move out.

As for me, the shower was calling my name. I grabbed a towel on my way in the bathroom and stripped off my clothes in a daze. I stared at myself in the mirror for a minute.

I used to be a scrawny kid. Somehow over the years, all the junk food, overeating, and jogging and sports had allowed me to gain some kind of muscle. I was now somewhere in between buff and skinny. I raked my fingers through my hair which was a little long for a guy, but not to the point where I looked shabby.

I sighed turning on the water. I ended up cross legged on the floor of my shower as the water streamed over me like rain.