Chapter 2: Embarrassing? Far past it!

   I gulped loudly and walked even closer to the bed. My legs were now touching the mattress. Holy mother. Oh shit. Oh my gosh..

   I was a notch higher than freaking out. I was forcing away the urges to hyperventilate. I was going mentally insane. My hands shook as I tried to press the camera button on my phone.

   Mr. Taisley’s chest continued to rise and fall gracefully as I hastily bent over the bed resting my hand on the other side of him.

   He didn’t even twitch. Maybe he was a heavy sleeper. I squeezed my eyes shut and tried to control my frantic heart beats. My hands were shaking pathetically and my breathing became labored.

    I took a deep breath and realized my eyes were closed in fear. I slowly pried my eyes open and brushed my black fringe out of my face. I leaned over the sleeping figure. His face was only inches from mine.

   I felt his warm breath against my lips as he silently dreamt away, unaware of what was happening in reality. I felt guilty for a moment, but it soon passed when another wave of nervousness consumed me.

   I was frozen in that position for a moment. Was it really worth it?

   I closed my eyes, slightly surprised when I didn’t mind the feel of Mr. Taisley’s breath against my lips. But in a heartbeat I had shunned away the thought. I had no attraction to him whatsoever.

   I could feel his body rising and falling beneath mine as I hovered over him, making sure no part of him was touching me. This didn’t need to be any harder than it had to be.

   I took one last shaky breath as I lifted the phone to take a picture. Now or never…

   I squeezed my eyes shut and slowly shortened the few inches separating his lips from mine.

   The first thing I noticed was the warmth as my lips touched his softly. I pressed the camera button quickly, taking the picture.

   Run! Before he wakes up! My mind screamed at me. But I couldn’t run. I couldn’t move. After about a second of his lips barely touching mine, I took notice of the way this felt.

   Even though he was sleeping soundlessly, the feel of his lips was slightly mesmerizing. They were soft, yet firm, and I couldn’t help but let out a small shuddery breath in response.

   I made sure to be gentle. To barely touch his lips. His warm sweet breath filled my mouth as he soundlessly breathed in and out. In a second, my mind was jumbled like blurry snowstorm.

   My body seemed to have a mind of its own. My fringe was lightly touching his face and my arms were still supporting me as I leaned over him.

   In less than a second though, my mind had cleared and I realized what I was doing. Oh God!!

   But before I could pull away, I felt a shift beneath me. I froze completely.

  My heart stuttered uncontrollably as I tried lifting away, but something weird happened. His lips were suddenly not still. They were moving.

   I couldn’t make sense of the situation as his firm lips moved with mine.

   My head grew fuzzy as his warm breath filled my mouth and I felt my features form into confusion and complete shock.

   Then the realization struck me. He was dreaming. About what, I didn’t know and didn’t care. He was involuntarily kissing me in his sleep. What the hell?!

   But what happened next was ten times even more unexpected. His breathing was no longer steady and dreamlike. It hitched and his body froze beneath mine. His eyes squeezed together, before they shot open and I realized I had gone too far. He had woken up!

   It all happened in a blur. In less than a second I was on my feet and off the bed and Mr. Taisley had shot up to a sitting position. He uttered shocked words I didn’t have time to hear since I had already sprinted out of the room in a heartbeat.

   My mind couldn’t catch up with what my body was doing and before I knew it I had flown down the long hallway, past all the rooms and had jumped out the window in a matter of seconds. I had no time to shut it behind me as I practically threw myself over the balcony wall.

   I flew down the lattice and jumped to the ground, not bothering to groan at the painful landing.

   I flew down the street, sprinting as fast as my legs would carry me.  The only sound in the dark night was the frequent thud of my converse hitting the pavement and my labored, panicked breathing.

   The large, looming house was getting farther and farther away.. Smaller and smaller.

   I was so freaked out that I didn’t even stop running. I ran and ran until I was a block away from my house.

   I didn’t stop until I was opening my front door and sprinting up the stairs to the safety of my room.

   I ripped off my sweaty clothes and plopped into my bed, wearing only boxers. If I took a shower, I would most likely wake up my parents, which was the last thing I wanted to do right now.. well, besides ever going back to that house. It was now cursed with my embarrassment and mortification.

   I smacked my face into the pillows and mentally screamed. I cursed profanities under my breath and bit down hard on my lip, causing it to sting.

   That had to be the scariest and most embarrassing thing that I had ever witnessed… well, technically ‘caused’ . The only up side was that I knew I had gotten out before Mr. Taisley had seen me. I don’t know what I would have done if he had.

   What would have I done though?

   I buried my face in my pillow, not caring if those losers were still in the bushes waiting for me. The bastards deserved it. I just hoped they didn’t witness me screaming and running away like a girl. Not that I have a reputation to ruin.

   I let the horrid events sink into my brain. Did I regret doing ’it’ though? I smashed my face into the pillow before I could answer that question.

   Though I tried to think of something else, I couldn’t. I also couldn’t believe Mr. Taisley had kissed me involuntarily. He must have been mortified..

   I prayed to God that he didn’t have a girl friend. Oh god, what if he finds out he kissed a guy! I’m sure he wouldn’t appreciate that! What have I done?!

   I was sure I would get no sleep for the rest of the night. And if there was one thing I was dreading more than anything, it was that I had school the next day. Not only would I have to face Mr. Taisley for two of my classes, but I would have to try and avoid the people who started this whole thing.

   Oh boy was I in for it.