- 12

| Chapter Twelve — Good for Gyu (or maybe not) |

"You kidnapped a little girl?" Mingyu stares at Eunchae in confusion.

Eunchae was sat just across the room, a bright light shining right on her as she sat in a small wooden chair, legs and arms tied down. Her dark hair fell in front of her eyes as her head hung low. She looked exhausted.

"Well it's not like you told us what to do," Joshua scoffs, "I saw no other choice."

Eunchae shrugs off the poorly tied scarf wrapped around her face. Joshua really had to work on his tying skills, "I'll never talk!" She screams, cheeks flushed with evident anger.

"Don't be so dramatic, kid." Joshua sighs.

Mingyu stares at Eunchae all whilst continuing to speak to Joshua, "So we have a hostage?"

"We do."

"From Cerise?"

"Precisely."

"So, Hao's coming?"

"I'd sure say so," Joshua hums, twirling Eunchae's hair between his fingers, chuckling when she jolts her head away, snarling, "Unless he doesn't care about you, that is."

"He cares about me!" Eunchae fights.

"Really?" Joshua purses his lips, "It's been at least 3 hours. I don't see him around— Do you?"

Eunchae looks away, rolling her eyes.

Minghao cares about her. All of Cerise did.

....Right?

"Fine, we have a Cerise member hostage." Mingyu finally lets the truth sink in, "That means they'll come barging in this hideout soon enough." Carmine had hideouts swarming across the globe. So many in fact, that they must've forgotten to add additional residences in Japan.

That being said, Cerise already knows Carmine's location, as it had never changed.

So they were definitely on their way here if they weren't already.

Honestly why did they call it a hideout if there wasn't anything to hide?

"I don't want anyone touching her," Mingyu orders, "Anyone who dares to lay a hand on our hostage gets killed immediately, do you understand me? We can't let this opportunity slip up."

Joshua nods.

"Wait." Eunchae lifts her head, beyond confused, "You're not gonna kill me?" She asks, "You're not gonna torture the truth out of me? You're not even gonna hurt me a little?"

Mingyu shakes his head, "I don't hurt kids." And he doesn't. He'd rather die than lay his hands on women and children. Mingyu steps away from the girl, clapping his hands together harshly, "Quiet!" He screams, the whole hideout going silent as soon as Mingyu shouts, "Can I get everyone's attention?" He asks, keeping his eyes on every single Carmine member until he knows they're all looking at him, "I don't want anyone causing harm to our hostage. Anyone who does so will be instantly shot on sight. No negotiations."

Hums and responses of Carmine members agreeing with him ring through the air.

Mingyu visibly relaxes, looking back at Joshua, "I want you and Cheol to guard the doors. Hurt anyone who tries to make things hard— But do not lay a single finger on Minghao."

"Understood." Joshua says it like he doesn't know that already.

Mingyu nods, "Okay," His back hits the wall, hair fanning in front of his eyes as he looks down at the floor to ready himself. He takes some deep breaths, chest rising and falling.

Mingyu wanted to see Minghao so badly.

No, he needed to see him.

Mingyu has never wanted anything more in the world, but if Minghao was as crazy as Joshua had explained over the phone, it was really about to be a battle.

Carmine had a Cerise member hostage.

Mingyu had one of Minghao's members hostage.

One would call this the fight of a century.