First Night

"A night guard? That's lame" "and you're 16 isn't that illegal." My boyfriend and Jenny asks. "No not without parental consent and it's after school and I could do my homework and study. Not to mention I'm qualified." I say eating my lunch. "You're gonna be with Mr Daley?" "Yep. So I'm good guys.

Next night we go back to the museum. "Larry your keys. Your torches." I crack a smile. "Now it can get a little spooky around here at night, so you might wanna out a few lights on." "ooh a bunch if wax figures scary." I mock. "we good." I state. He hands me some papers of instructions. I look at the first one. "Throw the bone?" I ask confused. "Do me all in order. Do em all and do em quick and the most important thing of all to remember, don't let anything in or out." "Out?" Larry questions.

"Good luck kids." with that they leave. "Well I got homework." I say sitting at the desk and taking my stuff out. "Check." I look at Larry playing with the mic. "Cheeeck." he says in deep voice. I shake my head. "Hello." or echoes.

"I...AM...LARRY!"

"CHECK LARRY! L- L- L- L- L- L- LARRY!" then he starts beat boxing. I grab the mic and scream into it "LARRY!" he stops.

After a few minutes I finish my work. "You may continue." I say placing my pencil down. "MONDAY! MONDAY! MONDAY! MONSTER TRUCK RALLY!"

"It's the eye of the tiger it's the thrill of the fight." "risin up to the challenge of our rivals"

"And the last known survivor. Do-do do-do do-doo" he starts imitating the guitar. "As we're watching as far as the EYYYYYYYYYYYYE!"

Loud snores fill the hall as we sleep. When I hear a crash and snore awake. I wipe my face of drool and look down seeing Larry on the floor. We get up and I stretch as he puts the phone back.

I place my head back on the desk and close my eyes. "Hey, Ami?" I hum. "Where'd the dinosaur go?" I open my eyes a bit. "It's right there-" my eyes wide as I don't see it on the platform anymore. "What the..." "Cecil!" he shouts.

"Hey man this ain't funny!" I shout. "What is this like a David Copperfield thing?" I get up and walk over to the platform. I step on it and nothing happens. "This is weird." I step off and we go looking for Cecil.

We turn on our flashlights. I hear bones rattling and I see the T-Rex. MOVING!

"Nope." I drop the flashlight and make a run for it. I try to open the door but it won't budge. "OPEN THE DOOR!" "I'M TRYING!" I say shaking the glass. "Revolve!" "Fucking Revolve!" I cry. "Dammit!" We ryj from the door and head for the desk and duck.

He pulls the phone down and starts to dial a number. "Aah! Cecil!" I scream as it gets closer. "FREDERICKS!" "HURRY UP!" I shout. "Cecil it's Larry Daley!"

"Tyr dinosaur-" we scream. "ITS ALIVE! THE DINOSAUR IS ALIVE!" "What do we do tell us what to do!" he shouts. He grabs the instructions. "Ok, I got them." I take it and start to read. "Throw the bone- AHHHH!" I scream as the dinosaur grabs the desk and tosses it. "What bone?" one falls from its ribcage. "That'll do it." it gets closer to us and growls lowly. I crawl towards the bone slowly. I pick it up and slowly stand up. I pull my arm back and throw.

We run through the hall for an escape but the dinosaur cuts us off causing us to come to a halt. It walks closer to us and drops it. It then shoves it closer to us. "I...I think he wants to play fetch." I state. It starts to act like a puppy by wagging its tail. "Fetch?" Larry picks up the bone. "Play fetch." he throws it and the dinosaur goes after it. Its tail sends Larry flying back on your stairs. "Okay, that was pretty cool," I say as he slides down the stairs. I then hear a trumpet and look up to see a Wooly Mammoth. "No. That's cool." I know I should be scared...but this is kind of cool until something else tries to kill us. I feel a pull on my arm. Oh yeah right dangerous.

We go by the cavemen exhibit and see them out see the display. They shove sticks clubs and rocks in our faces causing us to accidentally split up. "Good god it's white walker central," I say looking around and seeing all the wax figures. "Dumb-Dumb." I glance back at the East Island rock. "What?" "You give me gum-gum," he states. "I give you what?" "You new Dumb-Dumb you give me gum-gum," he says more thoroughly. I scoff. "Not a chance. And my names Ami, not Dumb-Dumb." I hear yelling. I see people running. "Uh oh, you in trouble Dumb- Dumb." I tilt my head as it gets louder. "You better run-run from Attila the Hun-Hun." I see Attila with a battle axe running at me. "See you later Dumb-Dumb." I start high-tailing it down the hall screaming my head off.

I see the elevator and run straight into it. I start pressing the close button rapidly. The axe gets through and I scream. "FUCK!" Attila pries it open. He reaches for me but the elevator begins to move up and his head gets pulled out. I pant heavily and catch my breath.

I get out of the elevator and check for anything- er one. When the coast is clear I run. I run into a random rook and shut the door as I see two big figures conversing outside.

I look through the glass and see a woman and two men. The men are arguing and the woman glances at me.

I wave to her as I pant. I pull my locks out of the ponytail. I look at the name. "Sagagewee?" she points to her ears and then the glass. "The glass is soundproof. Why the hell would they make soundproof glass in a museum? Afraid they'll talk your ear off." I say to no one.

All of a sudden I'm thrown to the ground by a soldier. Wait a damn- OH HELL NAW! This was the war that freed my people. I ain't got time for this bullshit. I look up and see a soldier who I'm assuming is on my side cuz he ain't tried to shoot me yet. He places a finger to his mouth. A gun comes across my body. My eyes wide. Then I hear a gunshot and he shoots the other side. They're sword guns stop at my face and I slide out. I start army crawling my way out. A body falls and I climb over it. I keep crawling to the door. Then one of them rolls over me. I didn't even know that was possible.

"Fuck it." I stand up and start running through the fight. I jump through the doorway as an explosion goes off and kick the door closed. I startwalking past other people looking for Larry.

I see a statue of Columbus walking by. "Hey upu 'find' things. Do you know what they mean by 'lock up the lions of they'll eat me.'?" he starts speaking Italian and then points left. "Uh...gratzi!" I run in that direction. I get to the animal exhibit and they're all free. I then see the lions came to life. "HOLY-" I hear a sqwauk and see an emu. "WHAT THE FUCK!" then I'm thrown to the floor with a scream.